“Trip down Memory Lane”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yarmouth
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This 5 day mid-week break was meant to be a coaching holiday on the Isle of Wight, but I was quite pleased with Norton Grange as our 'base'. Our chalet was clean and comfortable, the only problem was, it was a fair distance from the main amenities which did not suit my wife as she has walking problems. We did mention this on our pre-booking form, but it seemed to be overlooked. Food and entertainment were good and over-all it was a pleasant break. It made a welcome change not having to drive or endure the hassle of airports.
For me, this was a trip down Memory Lane, having spent many happy childhood family holidays on the Isle of Wight and also worked a summer season as a Blue Coat at Little Canada, Wooton Creek. It is said that you should not go back but on this occasion I was not disappointed with the island or the accomodation.

Room Tip: Try to get a chalet close to Reception and Amenities
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
SCOTT_KING_NG, Guest Liaison at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your review of Norton Grange. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation, and our charming resort.
If you choose to come back in the future, please call us on 01983 760323. We will be happy to talk you through the various accommodation options and find something a little closer that better suits your needs.
I am glad you enjoyed your trip down 'memory lane'. I was a Redcoat at Butlins in Pwhelli, and I realise the enjoyment of reminiscing about those times. For me, Norton Grange brings alive those great memories, and is a place to share them and make new ones! Come back soon,

There are newer reviews for Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first time to a warner hotel. Having read the reviews I was a bit worried about what to expect. Check in was lovely and friendly and free from any problems. We had a premier chalet, which was very clean and comfortable yes the bathroom could be updated but it was perfectly functional. Bed was so comfy and king size with lovely bedding. We were lucky with the weather and had a game of bowls and took part in archery. I did however feel a bit out of place as I'm 44 and the majority of the other guests were in there 60s and 70s. I do not want to be rude about them, as we chatted to, played bowls with and laughed with some extremely lovely other guests. The food was lovely! (Remember how much you are paying before you demand Michelin star chefs and silver service etc) waiting staff so friendly, all of them, not just our own waiter, oscar. Clean facilities. Entertainment staff was great. Though not my thing at all, I was mesmerized at the ballroom dancing, the resident band was great and the lady singer had a lovely voice. We had a great comedian one night and the night at the musicals on the other night. We really couldn't fault it. Just from personal taste and maybe due my age I wouldn't go back with just myself and partner again, but we are definitely going to be bringing my mother in law for a stay in the near future.
Thanks to all the wonderful staff for a lovely stay in what I may add, a lovely hotel in a stunning location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy H

On behalf of 'team Norton', I would like to thank you for your very honest review.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we look forward to giving you a warm welcome when you return with your mother in law.
Please call me on 01983 760323 if I can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Arrival was good and check in a little disorganised as they could not find our 2 premier chalets. However quickly resolved. You can't park near the chalet so for my mother in law who has walking difficulties it was hardworking running back and forward to the car - it was raining on arrival but this did not spoil the holiday. The top of the range premium chalet was definitely not as discribed and they most definitely have not refurbished the bathrooms or the wardrobes we had gaps and mold in the bathroom and a chunk out of the old wardrobe. This really let the rooms down for the money. The walls are paper thin so I did not sleep much during the stay and had to wear earplugs the whole time - we reported a.
Continual dripping noise the first morning but when the maintenance man came he said some of the chalets do have this and they don't know what it is he went to check something next door and never came back....... This place is not heat I expected of a warner hotel the discription is not even close. If you like butlins type holidays then this is. Slightly lower standard of accommodation and similar entertainment. Eating hours are very prescribed and you can eat after 7.30 which was. Pain if out for the day getting back in time to eat. Food was nice and service good their was always something we found nice to eat. Gift shop is lovely and very reasonable, coffee lounge was nice to sit in and relax. I did not think it was good practice to have to pay for coffee at evening meals when it's an all inclusive meal deal - agree you should pay for wine but coffee is part of a meal and at £1.50 a cup we did not bother. We used the games room but because their is no toilet in their you have to go back to room or main building which is not that close as the games room sits separate - darts were blunt and games were limited - snooker was free when you could get on it but their was a charge for the pool table. Shuffleboard was uneven so could not be played properly. Needs a real good clean and refurb throughout this venue.... Disappointing as it seemed to indicate this had been done.... Alas it did not appear so. We won't be staying again their because 4 nights without sleep is just to disturbing...... We also had neighbours in G10 who were noisy throughout the stay and it was not pleasant at night to have to hear them making out. This is an older persons resort 55+ disappointing .......

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay fell below your expectations.
Your comments regarding housekeeping and maintenance in your accommodation have been passed on to our teams and any necessary improvements will be made. Indeed we are making improvements to a significant number of our chalets in 2014, in addition to providing more convenient parking for our loyal guests.
I do hope that you were aware of our porter service on arrival? We will always be very happy to assist you with taking luggage to your chalet from the car park. There should never be a need for you to be making several trips, we want you to relax!
If you choose to book with us again in the future, I am confident that we can offer you a great value break in one of our stunning locations, and we will do our very best to put right some of the disappointments that you felt on this particular break.
Thank you once again for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. Please feel free to call me on 01983 760323 if you wish to discuss things further.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a 4 night break at Norton Grange from October 21st - our 10th break with Warners and our second at Norton Grange. It was excellent value for money. Warners are good at rewarding faithful customers and so you get unbelievable prices if you book as soon as the Concierge Coub prevew brochure comes out. The food was excellent, the chalet comfortable, the swimming pool good, the lounge in a delightful position and the location itself is excellent. We did a five mile walk everyday and made good use of our bus pass. There is a bus stop right by the gate. We always look forward to oiur Warners breaks. We can't wait until the next one.

Room Tip: Premier Chalets are worth the extra money
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your 10th break with Warner, we are so happy that you enjoy your holidays with us, and your feedback is valued and appreciated.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome back on your next break.
Please call our friendly team on 01983 760323 if you require any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We're not your typical Warner's guests, but have done numerous Warner holidays and used to feel that they were good value for money. However, gradually but surely prices have increased and what you get for that has diminished. There are far too many 'additional extra's' now which used to be included. We don't even have tea or coffee or after evening meal but can't believe others now have to pay for it. Our chalet was next to a water pipe which vibrated and banged against the wall every time it was used... We didn't get much sleep. Even when we reported it, no one of the staff really cared. We asked to move but we're told they were fully booked. However, after staying for a long weekend, which we asked for our ferry to be brought forward, which again wasn't possible, we had someone else come into our chalet. This had been double booked. A journey to reception with the elderly gentleman resulted in him and his wife being moved to a different chalet and me.... Well I was completely ignored as if I didn't exist! I was completely flabbergasted. Even after speaking to the general manger I do not feel we were taken seriously. I feel that they need to start thinking about the younger generation if they want the Warner enterprise to continue. I really didn't want to stay but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt that they could let me enjoy myself, but I was bitterly disappointed!!! We are not a couple that can be bought so declined being moved to a different hotel or the offer of a house bottle of wine. We just wanted an acknowledgment and a promise that things would be improved. A sorry would have sufficed but this was too much to ask. Having said that... All credit to the bar staff and our waitress.... Just a shame about the reception staff and managers!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank J G

Thank you for taking the time to review your break at Norton Grange.
I am sorry that our usual standards of excellent customer service fell short of your expectations on this occasion. We value all of our guests (we don't really have a 'typical' guest).
I am sorry that you felt ignored by our reception team, but I am pleased that you were happy with our friendly bar and restaurant team.
Although our efforts to put things right were declined, I do hope that you recognise that we do value our guests and that we have taken your comments very seriously.
I would like to reassure you that although our prices do change, in line with market conditions, the reason for our new pricing structure, including the charges for tea and coffee are to provide greater choice to our guests, with transparency for what you are paying for. Our guests tell us that they don't mind paying that little bit extra for a better quality, and we recognise that people expect a greater choice when booking a break today.
So, in 2014, our guests will be aware of exactly what they are paying for their accommodation, travel to the Island, tea/coffee and meals and any additional extras such as upgrades and experience packages.
I do hope you will return to one of our stunning locations in the future and give us the opportunity to make your holiday a great one,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's many years since we have visited Norton Grange! We were very impressed with our Premium room, lovely comfy beds, nice decor and furnishings and lovely little lounge area! The food was very good, plenty of choice and good service from Gary our waiter! The drinks from the bar were reasonable! Entertainment was good in the evening, lots to do all day, if you wanted to join in!

Room Tip: Defiantly upgrade to a Premium room! We were in Elliott Block, nicely situated!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denny J
SCOTT_KING_NG, Guest Liaison at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experiences, were comfortable and impressed by your Premium Room and found our entertainment good too.

Our talented team endeavour to deliver the very best in customer service and our waiter, Gary is a great ambassador for that. I will make sure he is aware of your comments.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome again in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Worried about what we would find, i was pleased when we arrived. We always stayed at the historic ones before, the chalets was comfortable and clean. We had a walk to ours but did not worry us.the pool was nice and very warm, we enjoyed archery and shooting.The meals were good and all the staff we met couldnt have been nicer.It was the cheapest warners we ve been too and thoroughly enjoyed it.we will definitely go warners again.dont believe everything you read.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Teresa F

What a pleasure to read your lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with Trip Advisor.
I am always pleased when guests share their feedback with us and your review really is much appreciated. I am glad we exceeded your expectations!
I did read your onsite review too, and particularly remember your wonderful response. So once again, thank you.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome again in the future.
Guest Liaison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
The George Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
#9 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort? Share your experiences!