This 5 day mid-week break was meant to be a coaching holiday on the Isle of Wight, but I was quite pleased with Norton Grange as our 'base'. Our chalet was clean and comfortable, the only problem was, it was a fair distance from the main amenities which did not suit my wife as she has walking problems. We did mention this on our pre-booking form, but it seemed to be overlooked. Food and entertainment were good and over-all it was a pleasant break. It made a welcome change not having to drive or endure the hassle of airports.
For me, this was a trip down Memory Lane, having spent many happy childhood family holidays on the Isle of Wight and also worked a summer season as a Blue Coat at Little Canada, Wooton Creek. It is said that you should not go back but on this occasion I was not disappointed with the island or the accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth