“Enjoyable break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yarmouth
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a great 4 day trip to Norton Grange for Turkey and Tinsel. The site was clean and well maintained and is smaller than some of the others we have visited. The food was good and there was plenty of variety. We had a premier room that was good but the bathroom wasn't great.The seperate seating area in the room was smaller than we thought. The pool was good but the bubble pool wasn't heated. The entertainment was good and the entertainment staff worked very hard but the visiting entertainers weren't so good. The drinks inclusive offer made it a good value stay and the staff were hardworking and polite. We got a free christmas present and sweets. The fireworks were a nice touch but some didn't work.We won 3 quizzes! There was only 1 car park in use but the staff offered to carry our bags. Overall a big effort was made by all the staff to give us a good time. Generally I think that the hotels are posher than the villages but Norton Grange is nice and in a stunning location, far better than Lakeside on Hayling Island. I would recommend Norton Grange.

Room Tip: The premier rooms are ok but the bathrooms aren't that good with noisy showers and ill flushing...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
SCOTT_KING_NG, Guest Liaison at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for recommending Norton Grange as 'nice and in a stunning location' for a great value holiday.
We do hope that you will return in 2014 to experience some of the improvements that we will be making to our parking and our accommodation. As always, you can be assured of an enjoyable dining experience every night of your stay, followed by fabulous entertainment and a varied programme of activities in the daytime. And, we will always make that 'big effort' to make sure you have a good time.
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just got back from this venue and had to tell you all about it.
This was our fifth holiday this year and by far the best.
Booked it late but still got a free upgrade.
Room was very warm and the bed was large and comfortable, towels changed each time you left them in the bath, shower was perfect.
So who was the best member of staff, now thats hard.
Maybe the reception lady that had a badge on offering free hugs. I had two.
The guy that was Father Christmas who remembered my name from the night before.
Our waitress Marta who had a smile that lit up the room.
The youngsters that ran the swimming pool that were so helpfull, I used it every day.
The boys and girls behind the bar that worked flat out but still had the time to natter to you as they poured your drinks which in my case were very many as this was an all inclusive break.
Not one sad face did I see the whole time I was there.
Must just say a word about the animation team who were fantastic, as good as any I have seen on Cruise ships.
Thanks one and all see you again soon I hope. ROY

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Roy, your review was quite simply a delight to read, and I am so grateful that you chose to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. Thank you!
I sincerely hope you will return in 2014. I am certain that our friendly team will be very happy to make your holiday extra special once again.
Have a great Christmas and New Year,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just back from IOW having booked a late 3 night break. Chalet very clean and HOT, heating works very well. Food extremely good with plenty of choice. We were there on an all inclusive drinks package from 6pm til midnight, definitely worth it. The entertainments team were very good and we saw their pantomime, very funny and well worth watching. We had such a good time that we have already booked to go back again in March. The only problem is that the chalets are quite a distance from all the amenities, if like this w/end it is raining make sure you have a brolly. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for recommending Norton Grange to readers of Trip Advisor.
I am thrilled that you will be returning in March 2014, and we look forward to giving you a warm welcome back.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went for a long weekend and it was Christmas weekend, on arrival this year there was no Buck's Fizz reception waiting for us,the food was good but not as good when we went 2 years ago,the entertainment on the Friday was 2 hours of the in house team singing of Christmas songs (far too long), Saturday was the drifters they were ok Sunday was the new Jersey boys they were ok apart from the older man doing slapstick, that was passable in the 70s,
The room was clean, and the bathroom needs updating,
We found not enough going on to keep us entertained in the day when it's raining, if you didn't go out on any trips

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
Although you describe an 'Ok break', I am sorry that on this occasion, your holiday with us fell below your expectations in some areas.
I do hope you will return in 2014, either to Norton Grange or to another of our stunning locations, where I am sure that you will find our reputation for a great value break with fine dining and excellent entertainment is well deserved.
Please do feel free to provide feedback on any particular activities that you would like to see in our programme. A member of our Leisure Team would be very happy to take your recommendations if you would like to contact them on 01983 760323.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Just got back from a 4 night break at Norton, we had a fantastic time. We booked only a week before so got a good price.
My husband and I went with my mother and father in-law and stayed in the standard plus accommodation.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly young man who offered to have our luggage taken to our rooms. We were a bit early to go to our rooms (3.00) so we had lunch in the lounge, stunning views!

Our rooms were good with a massive bed and long bath and shower over. Tea and coffee replenished daily.

The food wad delicious and plenty of choice. We were allocated a table for the stay and had a very efficient waiter called Damon.

The entertainment team were amazing and worked very hard. The shows were fantastic especially Dream Lover! Byron was brilliant a young Michael Crawford! Byron put everything into his performance and was very friendly and encouraged us to join in! The dancer with the red hair was an amazing dancer and very enthusiastic! The last night show was good especially with the barn dancing and patriotic singing!

The area is beautiful and there is lots to do, we walked along the beach to Fort Vic with fantastic views over The Solent. We walked to Freshwater Bay (long walk) but enjoyable. Yarmouth is a short walk.

There is lots to do on site in the day, we went swimming and I enjoyed a sauna, played bowls for the first time. The games room is well equipped, we played table tennis, pool and snooker. We joined in with games and quizzes.

We met some friendly and efficient bar staff and the charge card facility was useful and accurate.

The holiday was excellent and great value for money and we will certainly go again hopefully very soon!

Room Tip: Standard Plus very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am so pleased you enjoyed a 'fantastic' last minute break with us. Thank you for posting your feedback.
Your delightful comments about our friendly team have been passed on to them, and we all look forward to your next holiday with us at Norton Grange Coastal Resort. Come back soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This 5 day mid-week break was meant to be a coaching holiday on the Isle of Wight, but I was quite pleased with Norton Grange as our 'base'. Our chalet was clean and comfortable, the only problem was, it was a fair distance from the main amenities which did not suit my wife as she has walking problems. We did mention this on our pre-booking form, but it seemed to be overlooked. Food and entertainment were good and over-all it was a pleasant break. It made a welcome change not having to drive or endure the hassle of airports.
For me, this was a trip down Memory Lane, having spent many happy childhood family holidays on the Isle of Wight and also worked a summer season as a Blue Coat at Little Canada, Wooton Creek. It is said that you should not go back but on this occasion I was not disappointed with the island or the accomodation.

Room Tip: Try to get a chalet close to Reception and Amenities
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N

Thank you for your review of Norton Grange. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation, and our charming resort.
If you choose to come back in the future, please call us on 01983 760323. We will be happy to talk you through the various accommodation options and find something a little closer that better suits your needs.
I am glad you enjoyed your trip down 'memory lane'. I was a Redcoat at Butlins in Pwhelli, and I realise the enjoyment of reminiscing about those times. For me, Norton Grange brings alive those great memories, and is a place to share them and make new ones! Come back soon,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our first time to a warner hotel. Having read the reviews I was a bit worried about what to expect. Check in was lovely and friendly and free from any problems. We had a premier chalet, which was very clean and comfortable yes the bathroom could be updated but it was perfectly functional. Bed was so comfy and king size with lovely bedding. We were lucky with the weather and had a game of bowls and took part in archery. I did however feel a bit out of place as I'm 44 and the majority of the other guests were in there 60s and 70s. I do not want to be rude about them, as we chatted to, played bowls with and laughed with some extremely lovely other guests. The food was lovely! (Remember how much you are paying before you demand Michelin star chefs and silver service etc) waiting staff so friendly, all of them, not just our own waiter, oscar. Clean facilities. Entertainment staff was great. Though not my thing at all, I was mesmerized at the ballroom dancing, the resident band was great and the lady singer had a lovely voice. We had a great comedian one night and the night at the musicals on the other night. We really couldn't fault it. Just from personal taste and maybe due my age I wouldn't go back with just myself and partner again, but we are definitely going to be bringing my mother in law for a stay in the near future.
Thanks to all the wonderful staff for a lovely stay in what I may add, a lovely hotel in a stunning location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy H

On behalf of 'team Norton', I would like to thank you for your very honest review.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we look forward to giving you a warm welcome when you return with your mother in law.
Please call me on 01983 760323 if I can be of any assistance with your booking.
Guest Liaison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
The George Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ventnor
Sandringham Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
#8 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort? Share your experiences!