I had a very enjoyable stay at Norton Grange. The weather was hit and miss which is to be expected at this time of year, there lies one of the problems. All the accomodation is dotted around the grounds and means walking in the pooring rain to get to the main building containing the resteraunt and bars, hence umbrellas provided in the chalet. I am 55 and felt very young compared to most of the guests but boy could they knock the all inclusive booze back. The food was generally fine although our table for four people was tiny and we ended up using an adjacent window seal to stand things on, our Polish waitress informed us one night that the soup was 'Mince Pie' (actually Minted Pea), Hilarious. Im not really a group entertainment person so will only say that the other guests generally seemed to enjoy it although I thought the comedian was very average. Our Chalet was clean although certain aspects paticularly the bathroom that was very dated needed upgrading. When we arrived on the Friday night it was raining and we struggled to find our chalet which was a fair way from the car park to carry all our luggage. We had a problem with the cleaning of our room that was resolved fairly easily. The staff with a couple of exceptions were very friendly, helpful and cheerful. The Christmas decorations everywhere and Festive music was a bit depressing in early November. Norton Grange has a stunning quite waterfront location looking across the Solent to Lymington from which the ferry docs about a quarter of a mile away for easy access. We toured the Isle of Wight on the stormy Saturday it was stunnig and had a nice pub lunch. If you visit this Warners venue Im sure youll have a great time but the things I have mentioned will be apparent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth