Visited 7-11 April 2014. Booked 'plus' chalet and was not disappointed. Just like expensive caribbean hols we've been on, you return each day to towel sculptures on your bed!
Food is excellent, especially the meals cooked for you off the menu. Recommend the Eggs Benedict, duck in kirsch, and all the deserts!
Great entertainment, we got hooked on the quizzes, held 3 times a day, watched some great films, and the evening cabaret was first class.
However - we are in our early 50s and were the youngest there. The location, late night disco and entertainment are so well suited to younger adults, but they would defiantly be put off by the fact everyone is over 70. In addition there were coach loads of disabled OAPs, adding to the atmosphere of a nursing home. This is a real shame!
Maybe Warners could stop running 50s and 60s nights, and introduce 70s and 80s weekends, hence attracting the 30-50 age group. After all, this is where the money is!
I would not return, but only because of the age of the clientele.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth