We booked the Norton Grange expecting to be surrounded by "more mature" residents and expecting nothing special food wise. We were right on the first and wrong on the second. The food throughout our stay was excellent - particularly the dishes ordered from the menu rather than from the carvery. Service was friendly and helpful at all times and the chalet rooms are well kept but be warned some are a reasonable up hill walk from the main complex which may be an issue for some.
The view from the bar across the Solent is fantastic - let the majority rush in to the dining room at 6:30 and take the opportunity to enjoy the view in peace before eating in a more relaxed dining room.
The hotel is well located for exploring the west end of the island.
The only real "Hi De Hi" moment was the evening entertainment - if it was like that in the 50's I'm glad I can't remember it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth