“Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort.I.O.W.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yarmouth
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort.I.O.W.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the Best Warners Holidays we have had.We stayed in a Premier Chalet.Excellent.Lots of things to do .Night time entertainment was the best we have had at Warners,the team they have there at the moment are young ,full of energy,and every one seemed to be very friendly .Loved the stay four days went to quick.Booked again for 2015 .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret N
SCOTT_KING_NG, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review!

We can't wait to have you back in 2015,

Scott King

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had an absolutely fantastic week here with amazing weather. A lovely place to stay, sitting on the terrace in the evening watching the sun go down over the Solent. Also games for those who wish on the lawn, husband and I attempted to play Badminton. Also pitch and putt course which was great fun, and I enjoyed the swimming pool. We were in a standard plus chalet which was fine. We were in the 'Downend' block, and were disappointed at first that on our side we didn't get the sunshine, but it did stay nice and cool. Chalet had a safe..useful, although gave us problems initially, but maintenance came out really quickly to sort it. Food was good although I would have appreciated some sugar free. Also more fresh fruit, there was some at breakfast. Both our waiters were charming. Didn't bother much with entertainment, tended to have a drink in the bar then go back to chalet.

Room Tip: All chalets single storey, and brick built. Depends whether you want full sun or not. Felt worth get...
1 Thank Kefalonian_cat
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We didn't know what to expect from this coastal village having visited two other Warner Coastal Villages and stayed several times at two Warner Country House hotels since we first discovered Warners about 3 years ago. There is a considerable difference between the Coastal Resorts and the County House hotels but as other reviewers point out the Coastal resorts offer a much more affordable experience especially if you are on a limited budget or like to holiday several time a year. Our experience for this break was better than the other Coastal resorts we have been to and in many ways equal to our Country House hotel breaks. We also stayed for 4 nights which the longest break we had taken and thought it may be just be just a bit too long. It wasn't. Our party included our 93 year old active and healthy mother, myself and my two sisters. We go on these Warner breaks 2 or 3 times a year to spend some quality time with our Mum. We know the format, we know the food will be good and consistent and that the entertainment will be a joy. We were lucky with the weather July 14-18 and we stayed in two adjacent Premier chalets. We were greeted in the car park by very friendly and helpful staff. They explained that the site was now car free so a short walk was required to reception to check in. They offered to deliver our cases to our rooms but being fit and healthy we declined. The parking arrangement was not a problem to us but I do understand from other reviewers this could be difficult for disabled guests. I do however think that being car free makes it safer for all guests. Our reception experience was warm and friendly and we found our rooms easily. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our rooms. Very clean, comfortable and well aired with good furnishings and matching modern soft furnishings. Our beds were extremely comfortable giving us a restful sleep. The bathroom was clean and provided abundant hot water. We were able to sit outside the chalet in the sun (patio type table and chairs provided), which gave us the opportunity to meet other guests. Although the hotel was fully booked it did not feel uncomfortably full. At mealtimes we had a very attentive waiter, Andy who made our stay all the better. The food was excellent both at the carvery and the cooked to order food. It was easy to get a drink at the bar and we were always served with a smile and a laugh. The Warner's entertainment team were excellent and very professional. The decked patio outside the Cafe area is south facing offering magnificent views of the Solent. We would visit this resort again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Springtime77
Thank you for your 'perfect' and very thorough review.

I'm am so pleased that you had such a lovely stay and I do hope that you will all return again soon,

Isle of Wight
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Many thanks to the waitress on duty saturday the 19th of July! I was just walking on the beach close to the restaurant area, but I felt weak... I asked her please just a coffee and biscuit (which I paid obviously); even if I wasn't a customer and she was busy, she came after a while with caffe' and biscuits for me, asking also if I need something else or to call somebody for me! What a kindness! Seeing the waitress I can say now: the waitress is so helpful and sensitive, so I'd spend an holiday in your Hotel, being sure the management look after their guests with very high level of professionalism.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank islandman2010
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I do hope that you are well, and that you will take that holiday at Norton Grange sometime soon. Our warm hearted team would be very happy to see you I'm sure.

Wing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here with my parents for a long weekend, I was a little concerned that most of the couples staying would be of a slightly older generation but there were a lot of young couple there either on their own of like us with their parents.The resort was very nice our chalet could have done with a little updating but very spacious, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the evening entertainment good. Our package included all our dinners and the food was very good, the only thing I would say was the dining room whilst the tables were nicely spaced out were very small and it made it difficult if like us there were four of you at a table, there wasn't really enough room for the plates let alone a bottle of wine, I would defiantly go back

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mrsn2007
Thank you for your lovely review, and your comments which have been carefully considered.

We do hope that you will return soon,

Norwich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here from 7th July for a four day break. We arrived on a lovely sunny day and reported in to reception and collected our keys. We went to the dining room as advised to be shown our table for the week. Four tables with hardly any gap in between stuck against a wall. You couldn't have a conversation without everybody hearing. Not good. We moved up to our allotted room passing some well maintained gardens. On entering initial viewing looked good. We unpacked and commented on the poor condition of the bed. When you sat on it the springs were noisy and the sides compressed together. On closer inspection the bathroom door would not close properly and there were cobwebs in the corners and around the shower pull cord. After a very poor nights sleep we reported the bed and door to reception before going to breakfast. After being told they would be looked at we went out for the day. We marked the mattress before we went out. On arriving back we discovered nothing had been done. On going for our evening meal we reported to reception nothing had been done. The duty manager instructed housekeeping to sort the mattress out and told her they had done so. On returning to our room after our meal we found nothing had been done. They had lied to the duty manager. When we told her she apologised and took a member of staff to turn the mattress and put a blanket on for tonight. Another very bad nights sleep. During the Wednesday the mattress was changed and the door repaired. We were told that the duty manager "Scott " would be in touch to have a chat but we are still waiting. Some form of compensation was talked about but nothing forthcoming. The food was average for breakfast and dinner with lots of queue jumping at breakfast time as the various sections kept running out of food. By the time you sat down it was only Luke warm. Never had a runny fried egg all week. We were offered drinks on only one night of the four we were there and the staff were rushing about as they seemed short staffed. The lounge bar was always slow service as the bar person was always busy making fancy coffees. This is our second warner holiday in six months and probably our last. I can't believe people put up with such poor service from a large concern. The lounge entertainment was also poor. We never ventured into the ballroom as we don't play bingo or want to play games that are very dated. All in all this has to go down as one of the worst holiday experiences I have ever had in this country or abroad.

Room Tip: It's best I say nothing
6 Thank Mikey0353
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Norton Grange. I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

All of your comments have been carefully considered and discussed with our teams.

We hope that you will consider returning to one of our beautiful locations again in future.

Ashford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thought that this holiday would be better as was told it had been refurbished YES room was good but the new paths are all shingle not any good for ladies in holiday shoes and it is not possible to use a wheelchair on them, did not see anyone on the paths including staff. Moved on to the swimming pool only to be told no pool hoist, if I wanted to swim I would have to go to the local council pool as they had hoist, asked to play bowls told no bowls wheelchair and the Manager did not know such a thing was available although Bembridge hotel had two also most hotels with bowling greens cater for disabled to play.Am very disapointed that a large group such as Warners still have not grasped that we like to be treated as normal active people. come on Warners get you act together, and treat all people just as people and not put disabled off by not providing the the proper facilities. Asked for a bathseat told could not have one due to Health & Safety at bembrige one was supplied.

1 Thank David H
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion.

I would like to assure you that we do welcome everyone at Norton Grange, regardless of age or ability, and that we do receive some very positive feedback from guests who have particular needs.

If you do consider returning in future, or visiting any of our other wonderful locations, I would encourage you to call the venue direct and let us talk you through the various options available, making sure we meet your needs and advise you when we may not be able to do so, due to reasons beyond our control.

Scott King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
The George Hotel
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa
South Lawn Hotel
South Lawn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort? Share your experiences!