My Wife and I stayed at Norton Grange for a long weekend (Fri - Mon) and had booked a superior room (at an additional cost). When we arrived we were warmly greeted by a member of staff and shown our dining table and then escorted to our room. The room was comfortable for our requirements. The only complaint about the room was the shower was not very powerful and went from freezing cold to boiling hot at it's own discretion !
As the other reviewer commented, some may find the dining timetable a little restrictive (breakfast 8.30 - 9.30 and dinner 6.30 - 7.30). However we were happy to sit for dinner around 9.15 in the morning and 7.15 in the evening and was never rushed to finish.
We played some Pitch and Putt and used the mini bowling alley, which were both adequate.
The Staff were friendly and courteous at all times.
Now on to my criticism, as Warner Holidays are designed for "couples" and does not have a exaggerated lower age limit. I am in my early 30's and my Wife in her late 20's, but every day I would walk to breakfast and greet people on the way with a cheery "morning" only to be looked at as if I had two heads or spoke a different language (or completely ignored)!! I run a very successful office based business and have grown up with good manners, it's a shame that the same could not be said for other guests !
This is obviously not a criticism of Warner Holidays and there staff, rather the old gits who frequent their accommodation. For this reason, I shall think long and hard before booking with "Warner" again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms and landscaped gardens lend traditional Norton Grange a tropical atmosphere. While this Resort has modern facilities, there's a range of traditional seaside attractions to make each day go with a swing. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Norton Grange Coastal Hotel Isle Of Wight
- Norton Grange Classic Hotel
- Warner Leisure Hotels Norton Grange Coastal Resort Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth