We are staying this august and We have used the orchards holiday park for the past 12 years since my 1st child was born and can't honestly believe why some of these reviews are so negative. We love the site. No it doesn't have the club house or the noisy arcade areas but yes it does have the peace and quiet and beautiful views. Which is why the prices are so fantastic and a lot cheaper than any where else on the island.
Staff are always extremely welcoming and if we ever have problems (which I can't think of many) they are always dealt with quickly and efficiently!! The shop is well stocked and staff again are very helpful. The take away had a wide choice of delicious food. ( try the chicken curry!! Mmmmm)
The swimming pools are both suitable, although I must admit I do find the indoor one to be very busy at times and the changing areas very small and open!!! But we always go back to our caravan to dry and dress ourselves.
The new facilities block is fantastic and very well thought out.
So all in all a fantastic holiday will be had by all, enjoying peace and quiet and open air!
If you want club houses and arcades then pay more money and go to one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orchards Holiday Park is an award winning, family owned Holiday Park. It is located in Newbridge, 10 minutes drive from Yarmouth and the Wightlink ferry, on the west of the Isle of Wight. The Orchards Holiday Park is a quality, 5 pennant park, on the edge of an AONB so there are superb views over rolling countryside from all over the park. It has 160 marked, touring pitches for tents, motor-homes and touring caravans, in 3 paddocks and 64 fully equipped, holiday caravans to rent, either 4 or 6 berth in a separate area linked with pathways and among trees and shrubs . We think that you will be impressed with our Facilities Centre which caters for all of your touring needs, including shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, walkers drying room, laundry, accessible facilities, laundry and washing up area, baby changing room and much more. Our facilities include, indoor heated swimming pool and pool side coffee shop, outdoor heated pool and paddling pool, shop, take-away, childrens play area, dog walking area,table tennis room, pool room and WiFi at a small cost. The number 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park every hour and goes to Yarmouth one way and Newport the other, where you can link up with other buses. We also have Orchard House,a 4 bedroom spacious house on the park, (sleeps 10) with private garden and patio area and full use of all the park facilities.This is an excellent location for walking, cycling, bird watching, sight-seeing, exploring the island or going to the islands many festivals. We have special offers and discounts for early payment, over 60's and Caravan Club members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Orchards Holiday Caravan and Camping Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Hotel Yarmouth
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth