We've been staying at the Orchards for several years now and it has always and remains excellent. Staff are excellent and the accommodation in the caravans is lovely. The site is great and the swimming pools are good.
One downside, and I know this is a small point to many, but I need to have reliable WiFi where I stay due to my work and also I prefer online news etc. The site is advertised as having WiFi which is a chargeable extra (they have a contracted service).
Unfortunately this service is very heavily restricted in number of devices that can be used (one!) and also the speed. It's made clear when you purchase your access code that the system can't cope with anything more than simple email and light browsing and this is correct. The WiFi signal is quite weak and it's almost useless for anything other than light browsing (it regularly disconnects). You can't stream anything such as YouTube/iPlayer or use any business applications you'd normally expect etc..
It would be great if these restrictions are made clear during the booking process as this is an important aspect to many, especially since the mobile signal on IOW is quite poor (no 3G Vodafone at the Orchards). I love the Orchards, but this will be a deal breaker in the coming years....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orchards Holiday Park is a multi award winning holiday destination. Recently winning the "Top 100 sites, Overall winner for 2015" and The AA "Campsite of the year SE, for 2015" It is located in Newbridge, 10 minutes drive from Yarmouth and the Wightlink ferry, on the west of the Isle of Wight. The Orchards Holiday Park is a quality, 5 pennant park, on the edge of an AONB so there are superb views over rolling countryside. It has 160 marked, touring pitches for tents, motor-homes and touring caravans, in 3 paddocks and 64 fully equipped, holiday caravans to rent, either 4 or 6 berth in a separate area linked with pathways and among trees and shrubs. We think that you will be impressed with our Facilities Centre which caters for all of your touring needs, including shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, walkers drying room, laundry, accessible facilities, laundry and washing up area, baby changing room and much more. Our facilities include, indoor heated swimming pool and pool side coffee shop, outdoor heated pool and paddling pool, shop, take-away, childrens play area, dog walking area,table tennis room, pool room and WiFi at a small cost. The number 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park every hour and goes to Yarmouth one way and Newport the other, where you can link up with other buses. We also have Orchard House,a 4 bedroom spacious house on the park, (sleeps 10) with private garden and patio area and full use of all the park facilities.This is an excellent location for walking, cycling, bird watching, sight-seeing, exploring the island or going to the islands many festivals. We have special offers and discounts for early payment, over 60's and Caravan Club members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Orchards Holiday Caravan and Camping Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Hotel Yarmouth
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth