I stayed the Orchards for 4 nights from 9th August 2013. I was with my wife and dog in our camper van and our 2 friends and their dog in their camper van.
My first reaction when we arrived at our camping pitch was " We are not staying here". This was because there was an extended family with 2 caravans in the pitches in front of us who were creating havoc. Their children were running through our pitch as we were setting up, their dogs were barking at us, through the fence, incidentally they were not on leads as requested in the site rules. The women were shouting to each other at full volume from their respective caravans, there were bin bags being blown from their pitches onto ours, they were using the fence as a clothes horse, it felt like we had set up camp in the middle of a sink housing estate.
The site its self is in a beautiful rural setting, the toilet amenities are the best that we have experienced while camping, although there were a few people who did not leave the facilities as they found them,e,g not mopping out the showers after they had finished, leaving the washing up sinks in a dirty condition.
There are 2 swimming pools on the site one indoor and one outdoor, but there were kids diving And bombing into the pools which is supposed to be against the site regulations and no one seemed to be challenged for breaking these rules.
There is a policy on the park that bicycles and skateboards must not be ridden on the site, but I witnessed this being flouted on several occasions.
Another gripe that I had was that the 5 mph speed limit was constantly ignored by the majority of motorists on the park, some were positively reckless in the speed that they drove around at.
Although I have had a bit of a moan about this holiday park, we did enjoy our stay. The family from hell left the day after we arrived and peace prevailed on the whole.
I would visit this park again, but not in the main season when it is full of young families. I would ask the management to be a bit more vigilant and make sure that people understand and respect the park regulations, this would make everyone's experience at the park an enjoyable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orchards Holiday Park is an award winning, family owned Holiday Park. It is located in Newbridge, 10 minutes drive from Yarmouth and the Wightlink ferry, on the west of the Isle of Wight. The Orchards Holiday Park is a quality, 5 pennant park, on the edge of an AONB so there are superb views over rolling countryside from all over the park. It has 160 marked, touring pitches for tents, motor-homes and touring caravans, in 3 paddocks and 64 fully equipped, holiday caravans to rent, either 4 or 6 berth in a separate area linked with pathways and among trees and shrubs . We think that you will be impressed with our Facilities Centre which caters for all of your touring needs, including shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, walkers drying room, laundry, accessible facilities, laundry and washing up area, baby changing room and much more. Our facilities include, indoor heated swimming pool and pool side coffee shop, outdoor heated pool and paddling pool, shop, take-away, childrens play area, dog walking area,table tennis room, pool room and WiFi at a small cost. The number 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park every hour and goes to Yarmouth one way and Newport the other, where you can link up with other buses. We also have Orchard House,a 4 bedroom spacious house on the park, (sleeps 10) with private garden and patio area and full use of all the park facilities.This is an excellent location for walking, cycling, bird watching, sight-seeing, exploring the island or going to the islands many festivals. We have special offers and discounts for early payment, over 60's and Caravan Club members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Orchards Holiday Caravan and Camping Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Hotel Yarmouth
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth