All reviews outdoor pool well stocked shop take away on site great site facilities block toilet block red funnel isle of wight vanity room lovely park laundry facilities information room recreation area horse and groom table tennis room small arcade
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to leave a review and say thank you to all the team at the orchards for a fantastic half term break.

We went to the orchards with our tent to stay on their touring park for 4 nights over may half term, and had such a good time we decided to go back for October half term, this time in one of their lovely mobile homes.

It didn’t disappoint, we had fantastic accommodation, with decking over looking fields, with enough space and comfort for a family of 5 (my wife and I and our 3 sons!).
Beds are always a challenge for me as I’m 6 foot 8 inches tall, but I came away feeling well rested, which is unusual for me after staying at a holiday park. My wife loved having an en-suite as she was ‘sharing with 4 boys’, and the shower in the ‘boys bathroom’ (as we called it) was better than our one at home!

The swimming pool was great, very clean and the pool staff were attentive and interacted with my boys really well, making sure we had a really fun time.

Reception staff could not do enough for us, and the shop was well stocked even towards what I imagine is the end of their season.

We didn’t use the take way this time as the kitchen facilities we had were home from home, but when we were camping we used it and the food was great and pleasantly good value.

I can not recommend this place enough for a fun and relaxing family holiday, having now used both their touring and self catering offerings. The touring facilities block has to be seen to be believed it is that good!

We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a dog friendly caravan ‘The Russet’ no.55 for a long weekend.

We’ve stayed here but before we had dogs a few years ago...(so no dog van)
The positives are the park is quiet and clean, an ideal location. The take away is great value too.
However...

We were actually shocked when we first went in at how old and tatty the caravan was. Our Daughter actually burst into tears and said she didn’t want to stay there. The caravan is so dated, smells really damp and musky. The duvet covers are old and have holes, the mattress is horrendous on the double bed I ended up with dead arms and legs and back ache (we went to the supermarket and bought new pillows and cases) and I’m so glad we brought lots of dog blankets with us to cover the sticky sofas! I wore slippers the whole time as I didn’t want to touch the sticky floors and carpets. Another issue we had was a serious fly problem, all around the old curtains, looked like they were coming from the ruffles at the top? My Son has a great time swatting as many as he could at least 10 per day.

As this was a short break we decided to try and be positive and ignore these issues and enjoy ourselves, we were out enjoying the lovely island most of the time anyway ;)

Upon checkout we were not asked how our stay was. Caravan aside we had a lovely time on the IOW however I honestly don’t know how long they can actually carry on renting out these caravans? Seriously! My partner and I actually laughed feeling like we had gone back in time! :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Legs41
Reviewed 17 October 2018

The Orchards Caravan Park is a well kept site, reception staff cheerful, helpful and very informative. Plenty of information available on places to visit, walks, cycle tracks etc.
Caravan clean, comfortable, spacious and well equipped. Big of choice of caravans of different types Public transport good, Bus stop for Newport and Yarmouth at site entrance.Used take away on site, well priced with generous portions and good menu.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This has to be one of the best sites we have stayed on. Upon arrival we were welcomed given good written information and walked to our pitch. The facilities were excellent, plenty of showers which were all a good size with a wash basin in the cubicle also, there were separate individual cubicles with hand wash basins and plenty of toilets. The blocks were extremely well maintained and cleaned. The washing up facilities were first class alongside impressive laundry facilities. There were family bathrooms and facilities for people with differing abilities. The swimming pools were clean and a pleasure to use, the shop was stocked for most needs. There was good recycling point, information room and facilities for children and young people. There was good dog walking facilities. Our only negative experience was the ‘take away’ we choose fish & chips which were awful, we threw most of it away.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Took our motorhome and 2 dogs to the Isle of Wight and stayed for 5 nights at the Orchards. We had been put on an earlier ferry so arrived before the 2pm check in, but this wasn’t a problem as our pitch was vacant. The receptionist was lovely.
The site itself was spotless, the facilities were excellent. Even washing up was a pleasure as the sinks had been thoughtfully arranged with a magnificent view. The indoor and outdoor pool were again immaculately kept.
The shop had basics, though the bread was frozen and was quite limited in stock, but the local bacon was lovely. The take away was good, but closed on our first night for a private function which we hadn’t been informed about on arrival, but the nights we did use it we had good choices and the lady serving was welcoming.
The bus stop outside was a real bonus, we went all over the island and were welcomed with our dogs in so many places.
If we return to the aisle of Wight we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018