We have stayed at the Orchards many times over the years but have detected a gradual demise over the last few years.
The setting is lovely, quiet, peaceful and picturesque, with a 'years gone by' feel to it.
The care and attention around the site is adequate, but the grass is not mown as often as it used to be, and things are more 'tatty around the edges'. The outdoor pool did not open at the advertised times, and there was more debris in the water - it used to be cleaned religiously before opening punctually every day but not now.
The static van we stayed in was not cheap for the week, but the cleanliness was very poor. There were cobwebs in the hallway. The window interiors were dirty and all in, it needed a more substantial clean between hirings. It cost nearly £500 for 6 of us, out of the main season - not cheap.
The site showers had a problem the week we were there but the additional shower facilities weren't opened to compensate.
The onsite fishing has been stopped but nothing is said until you try and use it.
It's a shame. I hope they get things back on track soon, as it has a lot to offer. In the days of on site everything in most places, this site has a charm (and no bar or clubhouse) which is among it's most endearing qualities (ask most people who stay there).
But it does not offer value for money at the moment in our opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orchards Holiday Park is a multi award winning holiday destination. Recently winning the "Top 100 sites, Overall winner for 2015" and The AA "Campsite of the year SE, for 2015" It is located in Newbridge, 10 minutes drive from Yarmouth and the Wightlink ferry, on the west of the Isle of Wight. The Orchards Holiday Park is a quality, 5 pennant park, on the edge of an AONB so there are superb views over rolling countryside. It has 160 marked, touring pitches for tents, motor-homes and touring caravans, in 3 paddocks and 64 fully equipped, holiday caravans to rent, either 4 or 6 berth in a separate area linked with pathways and among trees and shrubs. We think that you will be impressed with our Facilities Centre which caters for all of your touring needs, including shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, walkers drying room, laundry, accessible facilities, laundry and washing up area, baby changing room and much more. Our facilities include, indoor heated swimming pool and pool side coffee shop, outdoor heated pool and paddling pool, shop, take-away, childrens play area, dog walking area,table tennis room, pool room and WiFi at a small cost. The number 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park every hour and goes to Yarmouth one way and Newport the other, where you can link up with other buses. We also have Orchard House,a 4 bedroom spacious house on the park, (sleeps 10) with private garden and patio area and full use of all the park facilities.This is an excellent location for walking, cycling, bird watching, sight-seeing, exploring the island or going to the islands many festivals. We have special offers and discounts for early payment, over 60's and Caravan Club members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your The Orchards Holiday Caravan and Camping Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Hotel Yarmouth
- The Orchards Holiday Caravan And Camping Park Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth