Barclay Farmhouse
The Dering Arms(Pluckley)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscooked breakfasthigh standardb banniversary stayattention to detailnothing is too much troubleone nightbed and breakfaststayed here for nightssunny dayplaces to visitbeautiful locationlynnhostaccommodationgardencomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Pulled into driveway and was greeted by Lynn who showed us to our lovely room on the first level.Original features mixed with a few modern touches the room and shower room were spotless.
The grounds are beautiful also a lovely area to sit and read a book or just sit quietly and take in the fresh air.
Although we could not stay for the night due to family illness I have no negatives about this place.
The host offered a free stay due to our predicament which we appreciated.Only regret was we didn't get to sample the breakfast I apparently the best there is.

Room Tip: There would be no issue with any room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here for three nights in September; we had booked for two but decided almost immediately that it was so perfect that we would stay an extra night.

Lynn's hospitality is wonderful and she prepares just a great breakfast using local produce.

We tried two local restaurants and both were excellent; The Raja of Kent and The Three Chimneys. The former served a great variety of Indian and Bangladesh dishes, the food was good and the it wasn't expensive. The pub/restaurant is quaint, the food is good but the service was poor.

The gardens here are well looked after and the view across fields very peaceful. WE couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs room of the beautifully restored barn. The character of this place includes squeaky floors which didn't bother us but light sleepers might prefer one of the two upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was looking for a place for my wife to stay for a week in the Tenterden/Bethersden area. Unfortunately I couldn't go on the trip so I wanted to find a place that was comfortable and safe.
Lynn and Howard's place worked out perfectly. They took good care of her and I knew it would work well from the moment I got Lynn's first email back when I was exploring the booking. Thanks Lynn, much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Lynn is so verywelcoming to her wonderful home. Breakfast was amazing, rooms spotless and the hand made chocolate truffle on the bed a lovely touch. The grounds are very well maintained and private. Any information you needed about where to eat or visit locally was glady given by Lynn. A lovely home and lovely hosts.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here for one night and couldn't have had a better welcome. Lynn and her husband are warm and friendly and make you feel special.The room is very clean and includes slippers,as the floor is wooden. These were very welcome as I left mine at home. I went out in the evening and returned to find my bed turned down and chocolates on the pillow. In the morning the range for breakfast was brilliant, with everything from yoghurt and fresh fruit(heaven!) cereals, breads, toast and a cooked breakfast too. I loved it all and was sorry I only had one night. If I am back in the area it will definitely be where I stay again. 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo