“50th Birthday Celebrations. ”
Review of Hare & Hounds - CLOSED

Hare & Hounds
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in Blean on the outskirts of Canterbury on the main road to Whitstable,we offer a family friendly attitude towards our guests and provide a home cooked style menu as well as baguettes,sandwiches,salads and a vegetarian option cooked fresh by our chefs Jodie & John.Enjoy our large garden with outside bar and hog roast available for private functions or dine in our restaurant for that special occasion or just a catch up with old and new friends. Ramblers can come and park in our 50+ car park before coming in to rest after there walk,1 of the many walks around Blean even starts in the corner of our car park.Sunday roasts from £9.95 Or 2 course with any starter or dessert is £12.95,Our desserts are all homemade and service is always friendly. We have one of the largest free car parks in Canterbury with a separate function room so it makes an ideal venue for any occasion,be it a wake,birthday,anniversary,christening or corporate with budgets to suit all needs,pop in or give us a call,we are happy to help.
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Recently held my 50th Birthday celebrations here.
The chef Adam did a fabulous job with a great selection of food, which included prawn platters, a great selection of tasty sandwiches, continental meat selection, chicken skewers, spring rolls and olives.
Matt, Tam and the bar staff did an amazing job keeping my guests well "watered" and everyone agreed what a fab night it had been.
Cannot thank them all enough.
Would not hesitate to hold another function here.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had not been in this pub for a year but as it is only a couple of miles away thought we would give it a go. It was Thursday evening as we were the only couple eating so no atmosphere. The place is a little old fashioned but clean enough. There was a lunch menu on the table which looked good as a pub menu does. We were then handed a evening menu which was all meat but I fancied more pub style food. I asked for the fish and chips but as its on the lunch menu I could not have it. I ended up having a very small starter, my husband had a pie which was huge and delicious. Can't say I am tempted to return, one meal was good but menu poor and bland staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife stopped at the Hare & Hounds for lunch midweek. The service was excellent and the welcome friendly. The lunchtime menu was not very extensive. We each ordered the cod and chips, which was well presented and tasted marvellous. We will certainly return there soon.

2  Thank Edwin119
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Went to this pub for lunch on Saturday to meet my old aunt who lives in the village whilst we were visiting Kent. The staff were really friendly and helpful and reserved us a table in the bar area because we had our old dog with us. There was a lovely fire roaring close by which was great for the oldies at the table! The choice of lunch menu wasn't extensive but what there was was well presented and very tasty. The staff were very attentive and delivered drinks to the table. Nice pub, good food, nice people. Thanks

1  Thank Stinker_11
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Had a lunchtime treat with my brother. Have to say we were both impressed with the staff, atmosphere and more importantly the food. Would definitely recommend a meal here.