“Awful food, avoid at all costs!”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #15 of 19 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Maidstone
“Awful food, avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to The White Horse with friends for lunch today, what a mistake. Table and menus were sticky, my friend went to the bathroom and said it was horrible. We wanted sandwiches and chips for 9 of us, it took 45 minutes to arrive at our table. The bacon in the BLT was burnt, the 'bread' was the cheapest processed bread they could obviously find. Some of the chips on our plates were cold and some were hot. How can you have cold and hot chips on the same plate I don't know. My friend found a hair in her sandwich, blonde not brown so definitely NOT hers. I would NEVER go here again, it's been the worst experience for lunch ever. We told them we would not pay and walked out vowing never to return. The best thing they could do with the White Horse is to close it down.

• Visited July 2013

Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Not the sort of place for a family”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Sadly Canbrook is lacking a nice country family pub, as over the years all the pubs have closed down (a few years ago there was 5). Now it is only this one and The George, that really is hotel with a couple of bars. The White Horse has changed hands, and landlords on a regular basis including about a year ago, a punk landlord. The food is better now, but the place is still full of heavy smokers outside, who swear and are rough. In the past there been fighting, and be aware it still feels that may kick off at any time.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank myscimitar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalled”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I heard wonderful things about The white horse and decided to arrange a family meal. The service and the way we were treated by the young blonde woman was exceptional. We vowed we would come back again.
To my disappointment I understood that the young lady had left the premises and had been been bad mouthed to my family members by staff behind the bar.
We proceeded to eat our meal and it was shocking and stone cold. When complained to the young lady behind the bar she looked at me up and down and just said sorry. We were outraged, she never came to our table but just ignored us and spoke to friends. We will never go back to this establishment. It's very interesting that one person can make such a difference to a stay there.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank plainelaine
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“too much effort...”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I was very disappointed.. the food was cold and barely ate any. When asking staff a request or complaining, they gave the impression they didn’t care and helping me was “too much effort”… A very uncomfortable visit.

Visited April 2013
Ewhurst Green, United Kingdom
“We love our girly lunches here!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We love coming here for our girly lunches, and sitting in the large leather chairs! Good value and lovely food.

Visited October 2012