“Cozy and Unexpected”

Fraley House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granville
Fraley House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was our first bed and breakfast experience and it was a lovely one. We stayed here as we were in Granville for a wedding. We stayed in the Garden Room and it was a nice room with enough space for my husband and I. The bathroom is small with a shower stall but it met our needs. Breakfast was amazing on both mornings. Mel was very accommodating and was very welcoming. And it helped they had a great dog their to greet guests when they arrive!

It's not a fancy place by any means but it was a great place to stay while in town.

Room Tip: Check into the Patio Room for a more spacious option.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My sister and I were traveling from NC to MI and spent the night at The Fraley House Bed and Breakfast in Granville, OH on our way up. Mel Fraley was a delight as hostess and breakfast chef. The house is charming and so comfortable. At breakfast, we had the pleasure of chatting with 2 Canadian chaps who were also brothers. The breakfast was very hearty, healthy, and delicious. One of us had food allergies and Mel accommodated beautifully. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Granville. We tried to book for our trip home, but she was already full.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We enjoyed everything about our stay at Fraley House...from the decor to the service to the friendliness and the food, it was beyond wonderful! Mel and Reed know how to make you feel at home! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

The hospitality and warmth of the owners and everyone connected with the Fraley House is beyond description. I met them the first time when my family stayed with them on the ocaision of my daughters wedding, and we stayed with them at Thanksgiving this year.
The rooms are wonderful, the house is great and again, the Fraleys, Mel and Reed are marvelous hosts.
I now consider myself part of the family and will stay with them whenever the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My daughter and I stayed with Mel and Reed Saturday, Oct 9 and we felt like we had known this family all our lives. Friendly homey atmosphere, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast , Very helpful with directions and things to do in the area. We cannot wait to return. Mel and Reed are wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Very cozy place, hospitable hosts (including Duke the dog), great food (especially the coffee), and idyllic setting. We plan to go back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I visit Granville about once a year for work, and didn't really want to stay at the Buxton Inn again, which I found to be a bit dated when I stayed there last year. So, after reading favorable reviews here, I booked two nights at Fraley House.

The house is about one mile outside of Granville, so it's still VERY close, though you would probably want to drive into downtown. I found it to be very convenient.

Mel is absolutely amazing. She really made me feel at home, and even invited me to join a large group of Denison students that they were hosting for dinner my first night.

My room was perfect. An amazing bed that I wanted to climb (literally -- it was so high!) into and never come back out of, a fine bathroom with a stall shower, and a huge closet. The room was spotless. Mel's homemade cookies were delicious and the bottled water she kept in the fridge was much appreciated.

SAVE YOURSELF for breakfast. Oh - my - gosh. Mel's breakfasts were huge. I would eat for a while and think that I could get through it all, and then I hit a wall and just could not eat another bite, as much as I wanted to, because it was all wonderful!! Definitely no lunch needed after eating one of Mel's breakfasts.

There are some creaky floors -- so a slight word of caution to those who are sensitive. But then again, what's a B&B without creaky floors?!

The house is down at the end of a quiet lane, but is quite close to the highway. I did not find highway noise to be a problem at all, though.

Unfortunately the weather and my schedule did not allow for exploring the spacious backyard or swimming pool, but it all looked lovely!

I would definitely stay at Fraley House again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business