“Delightful B&B”

Fraley House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granville
Fraley House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
wisconsin
“Delightful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed here with my son while visiting colleges and we couldn't have asked for a more welcoming spot. We had the "Suite" room, which included a large bedroom, a spacious second room (separated by a curtain) with a futon, and a huge double-sinked bathroom. Perfect for traveling with a teenager. The house is ideally situated just over a mile from adorable downtown Granville and Denison University, and right near a biking/running/walking path that leads into town (and beyond). Mel is a wonderful host, serving up an ample and delicious breakfast by the fire in her lovely dining room. While all the food was scrumptious, Mel has definitely perfected muffin-making - picture-perfect size and shape, excellent texture, and delicious taste (particularly the version that tasted like pecan pie!). During breakfast, we thoroughly enjoyed visiting with the resident dog Duke - a sweet but not at all intrusive yellow lab. Overall, a great find. We'll hope to return!

Room Tip: Suite Room if traveling with children.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at the Fraley House in mid January this year for a weeklong writing retreat and I loved it so much, I plan to do it every year! The suite where I stayed had a gas fireplace, which kept me warm and cozy as I worked on my novel, and Mel’s delicious breakfasts kept me going for most of the day. Their home is nestled at the end of a country lane right outside the quaint village of Granville. The surrounding countryside outside my bedroom window looked like a scene out of Currier and Ives as it snowed much of the time I was there. I can’t say enough about Mel and Reed’s hospitality. They made me feel like an honored guest.

Room Tip: At the end of my retreat, I had a friend come for a visit. The suite where I stayed had both a pull...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Cochabamba, Bolivia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife, two young boys, had a restful and very pleasant stay at this B&B on the edge of town. While many establishments "over promise" on their websites, our spacious room - or in reality set of adjoining rooms - the hearty and delicious breakfast, and pool area area all exceeded expectations. The personalized and friendly attention of the owners was also something you don't find in larger places, and the fresh cookies were a nice touch. In all, a great place to stop over or spend a view days at during a visit to the town of Granville!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

This B & B was very sweet all around. The room I say in was spacious with a comfortable queen size bed with nice linens, a private bath with plenty of toiletries, two chairs and a modest flat screen TV. The common areas included a large dinning room with linens and china, a spacious sitting room with a large selection of movies and games and a screened in porch with a view of the expansive yard and garden. I was even able to watch a humming bird working in the flowers.

What is even more impressive is the lengths the inn keepers go to to provide a perfect breakfast. I am on a very fussy diet and do not ask others to try to feed me. Well, no problem here. I was feed like royalty without hesitation. I am very thankful and would definitely return if the opportunity presented itself. Don't miss the chance to stay in this very welcoming place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

This B & B was absolutely top notch. I can't say enough positive things.

From the moment you walk in the front door, you immediately get a cozy sense of a rustic home. You then enter the kitchen area to the left, where the owner has stocked a mini fridge with juice and soda, and has a tray of fresh cookies made. Next, you make your way upstairs and down the hall to your room.

We had one of the rooms in the main house (there is also a suite built off to the side with it's own private entrance). We had a room with a queen bed, and a twin bed. There was also a large overstuffed chair that was perfect for lounging in. We set up a pack n play for our 7 month old, and put our other girl on the twin. It made for a tight fit with the pack n play, but was otherwise very spacious. We had a small TV to watch a couple of cartoons on at bedtime, but we didn't use it much. There was even a plate with fresh cookies waiting on the bedside table.

The bathroom was very clean and there was plenty of hot water.

We went downstairs and sat and talked with the owners for about an hour. They were extremely welcoming and pleasant, and told us to help ourselves to what we needed. We then settled in for the night, and had a great nights rest.

The next morning, we came downstairs to fresh coffee, juice, and a home cooked breakfast. Since we were the only ones there midweek, she even took requests.

Our daughter loved walking around the house looking at the art and games. They have a small selection of DVD's, but I would not reccomend coming here to spend your time watching movies!

They do have a dog named Duke. He was very well behaved. He would bring balls over to our daughter to have her throw them. In the mornings he would greet you as you came down the stairs.

I would highly reccomend this B & B to anyone, although I think during the weekends they may restrict children of a certain age, but our trip was nothing short of phenomenal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bky21
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

This charming bed and breakfast, about 40 min from Col, was our choice for something memorable for a weekend getaway. The hosts were friendly, welcoming, and did their utmost to accommodate us. Delicious, abundant breakfasts each morning, with plenty of hot coffee, were offered in the beautiful dining room while the fireplace warmed the room. Our stay in the patio suite was just what we asked for in comfort and privacy as it had it's own entrance and drive. It had a small fireplace in the sitting room. The bad thrum was spacious and included shower and whirlpool. Shampoo, soap, hair dryer, curling iron, ironing board and iron were provided.

I don't know what else you could ask for in a place to stay near Columbus. It was far enough away from the city to be relaxing.

The nearby restaurants were pricy but charming and worth the price for something unusual.

• Stayed February 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Our second stay in as many years reminded us both of how well the thoughtfully planned and well decorated and appointed B & B The Fraley House remains. We both had known the Fraleys in their prior 'lives' when Reed and Mel had worked at OSU, so deciding to pick their place arose as an obvious choice. We have reason to visit during the slower season, during January, and have enjoyed toasting our toes at their fireplaces and trying, unsuccessfully to stop eating their sumptuous breakfasts. Both times we have occupied their 'suites' as we enjoy more space than the rooms offer; we like them both, and have no preference though the stairs could pose a challenge to some seniors. It's off the main roads and no noisy distractions will bother you, while being in close enough to manage an engagement in any of the nearby population areas. Students and parents frequently occupy adjacent or nearby rooms, but no hotel can hold a candle to this true country inn style B & B.

Room Tip: Downstairs suite has its own door, and its access to the pool and hot tub may be a big plus too.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muledog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
Cherry Valley Lodge
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark

Been to Fraley House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!