Orchard House Bed and Breakfast(Granville)(Great Value!)
US$160
The Granville Inn(Granville)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$124
US$95
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbobbi and jeffgolden retrieverpool housesteam showerbocce ballfront porchbed and breakfastberllan glyngracious hostsrocking chairsb bsshooting rangesoaking tubdenison universitybreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchping pong
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I treated my husband to a quick weekend getaway to celebrate his birthday at the Welsh Hills Inn, and we were thoroughly pleased with the choice. We are well-traveled B&B'ers but pretty discriminating, too. Proprietors Jeff & Bobbi Noe are fairly new at this (1 year) but defnitely understand the attention to detail needed to please and pamper their customers. Our host, Jeff, could not have been more personable and helpful. We stayed in the large, beautifully appointed Berllan Glyn Grande Suite overlooking the pool and patio area and rolling hills all around. Bedding was sumptious and comfortable loved the little box of two truffles), the lavish bathroom with steam shower, marble tub, and high-end toiletries. Nicest of all was our yummy breakfast served on the adjoining private screened porch by our lovely hostess. I was also pleased by Bobbi's suggestion for our dinner at the Short Story Brasserie (separate review). We will defintely stay again as this was less than hour away from our home in Ohio. Oh, art lovers, beware! You will not want to leave! Fabulous eclectic collection including some rather fine hand-carved decoys!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the ground floor Berllan Glyn Grande Suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wayfarer1007
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Our recent stay at the Welsh Hills Inn was wonderful. I wanted to move in! There are so many beautiful aspects associated with this inn, it’s difficult to know where to start.

The house is gorgeous with its wide wrap-around porch with a row of rocking chairs inviting you to sit a spell and take in the beauty of the exquisitely landscaped property. There’s a tasteful garden nook around each corner that makes you want to explore every little detail of the property. The two hammocks at the bottom of the hill beckon you for a nighttime swing and stargazing. I was so comfortable, I took a two-hour “nap” by accident!

The pool is lovely with plenty of places to sit in the sun or the shade. On a hot day like we experienced our first day, the refrigerator full of several types of cold beer was a sight for sore eyes, not to mention a parched throat! A small “pool” room sits adjacent to the pool and includes a seating area and wide screen television for watching your favorite team play.

The common rooms and guest rooms are fabulously decorated with a comfortable, yet sophisticated flair. The beauty of the place makes you want to don you Sunday best, but the casual ambience created by the inn’s ever helpful owners make you feel comfortable however you appear. They even allowed us to bring Barney, our beloved dog. That is a true test of how accommodating the Noes are! Barney absolutely loved frolicking around the yard with the Noe’s golden retriever, Ellie.

Keeping Barney away from the breakfast table was a challenge, but who could blame him for wanting to partake in the tasty gourmet breakfasts. The first morning we dined outside on the porch with another couple celebrating their anniversary and were blown away with the made-to-order omelets and accompanying fresh fruit, toast, and rock-my-world cinnamon scones. The second morning we enjoyed breakfast inside and joined two other couples for the best french toast I’ve ever eaten.

A few words of warning if you decide to stay at the Welsh Hills Inn: first, you will not want to leave, so make sure you have something planned to do at the end of your stay to force you home at check out time. Second, the food is fabulous, and the ambiance invites you to move slowly, so check the diet and exercise plan at the door.

We will definitely be back! We love the inn, the Noes, and of course, Ellie. Barney’s a little smitten too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sedopp
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The physical structure, location and staff at Welsh Hills are truly amazing. I love to stay here and do so whenever I can score a reservation. I stay in many hotels and B&B's all over the country and I believe that this place and the Noe Family are at the top of my list. I would confidentally recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank JosephArcadi
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My family has stayed at the Welsh Hills Inn twice now, for a total of seven nights. We had a wonderful experience both times. The proprietors, Jeff and Bobbi Noe, made our stay relaxing, comfortable, and fun. It is very clear that they know how to individualize the experience so as to meet the needs of each particular guest; in our case, for example, they provided a wealth of information about the area, to which we have recently moved. The inn itself is absolutely beautiful! It oozes character and charm. From the wraparound front porch to the unique artwork to the stunning views, the ambiance is truly unforgettable. During our recent visit, we had the wonderful opportunity to use the lovely built in swimming pool as well. Our rooms, in a private wing of the house and very tastefully decorated and clean, are connected with a Jack and Jill bathroom, and this worked perfectly for our family. We also enjoyed the delicious breakfasts and the beverages and snacks in the evenings. Even though we live in the area now, we might just have to return to the Welsh Hills Inn for a night or two as a special treat!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 4 September 2011

There is gold in the Welsh Hills! B & B gold! The Welsh Hills Inn is an exceptional inn. We visited for a week. I’ll tell you about 4 aspects – wonderful hosts, picturesque location, beautiful facilities, & great breakfasts.

First, the hosts, Bobbi & Jeff Noe, are two of the nicest folks in Ohio. They are very friendly, helpful and caring – really genuine human beings. They know what people who stay at B&Bs want & give it abundantly. I cannot leave out their golden retriever. Ellie is a real sweetheart of a dog & one of the best trained dogs ever! We were well taken care of by the entire family.

Second, the location of the inn is great! It is situated on top of a hill surrounded by wooded hills. To reach the inn, we drove winding roads thru the most picturesque countryside. If you’re concerned the inn is too far from Granville, don’t worry. It is not far or time consuming. But the payoff is significant! As we drove, I could feel myself relaxing. Once we got to the inn, the winding drive up the hill past the pond & meadows to the house reinforced my feelings. I enjoyed watching the sun come up over the hills. Once four deer were grazing in the meadow. This is an enchanted place!

Third, the inn is beautiful & comfortable. The inn has porches with rocking chairs & a table for breakfast when weather permits. Bobbi & Jeff have decorated the inn beautifully with art works collected over 25 years. The rooms are spacious & furnished with high quality furniture, bedding, etc. Technology is a given. The big screens have everything available including satellite radio channels.

Fourth, breakfasts are great! Bobbi & Jeff focus on healthy breakfasts with right kinds of bread, fresh fruit, etc. Breakfasts are wonderful experiences here!

I recommend the Welsh Hills Inn enthusiastically. We have traveled widely for a long time. Even though the inn has been operating about a year, I predict it will end up on a Best B&B list very soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple