All reviewsbobbi and jeffgolden retrieverpool housesteam showerbocce ballfront porchbed and breakfastberllan glyngracious hostsrocking chairsb bsshooting rangesoaking tubdenison universitybreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchping pong
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband surprised me for our Wedding Anniversary with a weekend at The Welsh Hills Inn! It is such an amazing place and we can't wait to plan our next getaway. The views from the property are breathtaking! The decor and details of the Inn are simply gorgeous. An Art lovers dream stay! Amazing artwork throughout the home. So many areas to relax and enjoy the beautiful views. The treatment we received from Jeff and Bobbi Noe were 1st class. Whether you are coming with your family or for a romantic getaway, you will not be disappointed with your stay at the Welsh Hills Inn. Truly a 1st class Bed & Breakfast.

3  Thank Martha M
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I must say of all of the bed and breakfasts we have stayed at in the past this by far surpassed all of them. The grounds and house are simply beautiful and elegant and warm and inviting all at the same time. We came here for our 15th wedding anniversary and it far exceeded our expectations. We really enjoyed just hanging out and reconnecting, spending some time in the pool and relaxing. This is just what we needed. I must also say that if you get the chance to have Jeff and Bobbi prepare a custom dinner for you do it! Bobbie helped me plan the dinner and even had pink roses on each course she brought out. Pink roses were what my wife's wedding bouquet were made of. It was such a nice touch. And the food... all I can say is that Jeff has missed his calling :) We had the best filet and prawn shrimp cocktail. Not to mention all the other extras. Then to eat like that while sitting on the wrap around porch over looking the picturesque landscape at sunset under candlelight... we truly felt like royalty.
Jeff and Bobbi thank you so much for sharing your home with us and making us feel so special. We are telling everyone we know about The Welsh Hills Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wilt5
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I treated my husband to a quick weekend getaway to celebrate his birthday at the Welsh Hills Inn, and we were thoroughly pleased with the choice. We are well-traveled B&B'ers but pretty discriminating, too. Proprietors Jeff & Bobbi Noe are fairly new at this (1 year) but defnitely understand the attention to detail needed to please and pamper their customers. Our host, Jeff, could not have been more personable and helpful. We stayed in the large, beautifully appointed Berllan Glyn Grande Suite overlooking the pool and patio area and rolling hills all around. Bedding was sumptious and comfortable loved the little box of two truffles), the lavish bathroom with steam shower, marble tub, and high-end toiletries. Nicest of all was our yummy breakfast served on the adjoining private screened porch by our lovely hostess. I was also pleased by Bobbi's suggestion for our dinner at the Short Story Brasserie (separate review). We will defintely stay again as this was less than hour away from our home in Ohio. Oh, art lovers, beware! You will not want to leave! Fabulous eclectic collection including some rather fine hand-carved decoys!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the ground floor Berllan Glyn Grande Suite.
4  Thank Wayfarer1007
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Our recent stay at the Welsh Hills Inn was wonderful. I wanted to move in! There are so many beautiful aspects associated with this inn, it’s difficult to know where to start.

The house is gorgeous with its wide wrap-around porch with a row of rocking chairs inviting you to sit a spell and take in the beauty of the exquisitely landscaped property. There’s a tasteful garden nook around each corner that makes you want to explore every little detail of the property. The two hammocks at the bottom of the hill beckon you for a nighttime swing and stargazing. I was so comfortable, I took a two-hour “nap” by accident!

The pool is lovely with plenty of places to sit in the sun or the shade. On a hot day like we experienced our first day, the refrigerator full of several types of cold beer was a sight for sore eyes, not to mention a parched throat! A small “pool” room sits adjacent to the pool and includes a seating area and wide screen television for watching your favorite team play.

The common rooms and guest rooms are fabulously decorated with a comfortable, yet sophisticated flair. The beauty of the place makes you want to don you Sunday best, but the casual ambience created by the inn’s ever helpful owners make you feel comfortable however you appear. They even allowed us to bring Barney, our beloved dog. That is a true test of how accommodating the Noes are! Barney absolutely loved frolicking around the yard with the Noe’s golden retriever, Ellie.

Keeping Barney away from the breakfast table was a challenge, but who could blame him for wanting to partake in the tasty gourmet breakfasts. The first morning we dined outside on the porch with another couple celebrating their anniversary and were blown away with the made-to-order omelets and accompanying fresh fruit, toast, and rock-my-world cinnamon scones. The second morning we enjoyed breakfast inside and joined two other couples for the best french toast I’ve ever eaten.

A few words of warning if you decide to stay at the Welsh Hills Inn: first, you will not want to leave, so make sure you have something planned to do at the end of your stay to force you home at check out time. Second, the food is fabulous, and the ambiance invites you to move slowly, so check the diet and exercise plan at the door.

We will definitely be back! We love the inn, the Noes, and of course, Ellie. Barney’s a little smitten too.

5  Thank sedopp
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The physical structure, location and staff at Welsh Hills are truly amazing. I love to stay here and do so whenever I can score a reservation. I stay in many hotels and B&B's all over the country and I believe that this place and the Noe Family are at the top of my list. I would confidentally recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business