“Absolute perfection!”

The Welsh Hills Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I chose The Welsh Hills Inn for our first anniversary celebration this past weekend. All of the reviews I read were terrific and I was excited but nervous to try it out. I don't think the pictures on their website or on tripadvisor do it justice at all; they made me wonder if the rooms were tired and that could not be further from the truth! Every room, every nook and cranny (and there are many, many marvelous ones!) of the property is expertly appointed in warmly sophisticated, charming cottage style decor. The thoughtful placement of every object at the Inn indicates that the owners have a tremendous sense of style and design for which I was appreciated so very much. The furniture is sumptuously rich and ecclectic, with numerous pieces of interest. The views looking down into the valley are spectacular, made possible by the generous walls of windows on all sides of the structure and the array of seating areas outside the Inn. Our room was comfortable and inviting, meticulously clean, our gourmet french toast and bacon breakfast with fresh berries and cream was delicously sinful. The coffee was the best we've tasted in a long time. Our host and hostess were friendly and engaging, as was their beautiful four year old golden retriever, Ellie, whose disarming sweetness made our stay even more fantastic. We will very definitely return as soon as possible as The Welsh Hills Inn is the kind of place you miss the moment you drive off.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Daficionado

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We selected the Welsh Hills Inn for a 2 night getaway centered on a concert evening in Columbus. Everything was ideal! Bobbi and Jeff are ultimate hosts and their Inn is gracious and soothing. We added a couples massage as a hedonistic extra and were more than satisfied. This is a highly recommended destination that will provide you with a great experience and lasting warm memories. Put this one on your must-do list!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John6161
Reviewed 1 April 2013

What a beautiful and relaxing place! Jeff & Bobbi were friendly and gracious hosts. Our suite and the common areas were spacious, beautifully decorated, and comfortable. We especially loved the eclectic art collection! We had two breakfasts and a private dinner, and all were delicious and artfully presented.

Room Tip: We loved the suite, but all of the rooms look great!
4  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Welsh Hills Inn several times and our stay is always the same - terrific! Bobbi and Jeff are warm and welcoming hosts, the inn itself feels like home, the food is beautifully presented and delicious. I don't think anything could get any better!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank RB1876
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We went to the The Welsh Hills Inn in the winter so we couldn't enjoy the pool or much of the grounds but it didn't matter! The house, pool house, and artwork is so amazing that we didn't mind spending much of our time indoors. Wine hour is fun and breakfast is delicious! We will definitely be visiting again in the summer.

2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am a hotelier, so I'll admit, I am a bit critical when I travel. My dream is to someday own my bed and breakfast, and if that dream ever actualizes, I am going to do things exactly the way Jeff and Bobbie do at their lovely inn. My husband and I booked the suite to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary and it was the absolute best anniversary we have ever had. From the time we arrived and were warmly greeted by Ellie, the "inn dog", the inn keepers oversaw every detail to make our anniversary truly memorable (from buying and wrapping homemade chocolates from a local candy maker, to making carriage ride and dinner reservations, to delivering the flowers that were sent to us directly to our room), The room was spotless, the hospitality was genuine, the rich decor and ambiance was warm and relaxing, and the breakfast was delectable. Bravo! We are already planning our return visit in July to celebrate my birthday!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite. The soaking tub is heaven on earth and we enjoyed the screened in porch and...
5  Thank Kathyrn B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Beautiful, cozy, relaxing and a fabulous breakfast made to order. Bobbi and Jeff were wonderful hosts, so very warm and friendly. This was my second stay and I'm sure it won't be my last. Definitely recommend the Welsh Hills Inn for a lovely and unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Robin H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
#3 of 3 in Newark
Courtyard Newark Granville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark

Been to The Welsh Hills Inn? Share your experiences!