“Thank you Bobbi and Jeff”

The Welsh Hills Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Thank you Bobbi and Jeff”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I spent 2 wonderful nights at Welsh Hills Inn in June and it couldn't have been more perfect! We were the only ones at the Inn during our mid-week stay and Bobbi and Jeff got up very early to prepare breakfast for us as we were playing an early round of golf. The Inn is absolutely immaculate and extremely comfortable and can only be topped by the hospitality of the owners. The cheese and wine late each afternoon was a delightful added touch. The property is quiet, beautiful and serene with an abundance of wild life.

As an extra, the entertainment was fun too! Ellie the Golden Retriever (and greeter), and their new addition Wrigley, an Australian Shepherd puppy showed us what fun it was just enjoying the outdoors. Thank you again Bobbi and Jeff for a very special get away, we'll see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our experience at The Welsh Hills Inn could not have been more perfect. We, along with another couple, booked two rooms in May for three nights to celebrate a "special" birthday. From the time we made the reservation, arrived and were greeted by sweet Ellie, the inn's golden retriever, until we left , we were pampered by Bobbi & Jeff in the best possible way. The house itself is lovely, beautifully decorated, immaculate, and so welcoming, as are the grounds. Breakfasts and our private dinner prepared by Jeff and served by Bobbi were gourmet and beautifully presented. Even though we did hike a nearby trail and did a number of other things, this is the type of place that you just want to stay put and enjoy. Having said all of the above, the most special feature of this inn is clearly Bobbi and Jeff. They care about their guests and go out of their way to create a wonderful experience. There are many lovely inns, but their gracious hospitality makes this one a stand out. Bobbi worked with me to put together a memorable surprise birthday dinner for my husband.....he is still taking about Jeff's meal a month later. Over the many years we have stayed at numerous lovely inns and B & B's......more than I would like to admit and Welsh Hills Inn is right up there among the very best. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed lovely. We would stay in any one of them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kap929
Palatine
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I had an absolute wonderful getaway at the the Welsh Hills Inn over a weekend in June. From the arrival, greeted by Ellie, the Inn's golden retriever, through the entire stay, the experience couldn't have been better. Beautiful house and grounds, quiet, and great breakfast's that Jeff whipped up for us. A relaxing pool area and plenty of rooms, porches, rocking chairs, to sit back and regroup from our usual hectic life. The town of Granville is also cute, with shops, restaurants, wonderful historic homes, and a nice bike trail. We came to visit our son who happened to be in town, but will figure on the making the trip back sometime, and of course, staying at this establishment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Jeff N, Owner at The Welsh Hills Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Just wonderful meeting you, Deb & Jim, for your getaway to Granville and to see your son's group play in the Village and over in Zanesville. Thanks so much and we sure hope that you'll make another trek down to Central Ohio and visit us at The Inn again soon. Have a great summer!!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My 3 sisters and I did a getaway with our dad. We couldn't have picked a better spot! From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated to wonderful and gracious hospitality! Beautiful rooms, quiet & peaceful setting, wonderful snuggles with Ellie the inn dog, amazing breakfast on the front porch. We are already planning our trip here next summer!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jennymom1212
Jeff N, Owner at The Welsh Hills Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Jenny, it was so nice having you, your sisters, and your Dad as our guests at the end of your day up at Kenyon College - where he attended some 60 years ago. You have such a lovely family and it was great chatting and getting to know you all. We look forward to meeting your other two sisters and having all of you back again sometime down the road. Thank you so much!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at the Welsh Hills Inn. We were able to stay in the Berllan Glyn Suite which is fantastic accommodations. The views are spectacle and the food was outstanding. The Inn decor is very nice as well. The owners Bobbi and Jeff were very accommodating and friendly during our entire stay. The dinner service was excellent, everything from the romantic and private birthday dinner on the covered deck to the perfectly cooked steaks and delicious red velvet birthday cake trimmed out with candles. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil P
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Welsh Hills Inn is perfection - the location, the size, the amenities, the amazing artwork and collection of a variety of books, the ambiance, and most importantly, the hosts. Bobbi and Jeff made our fifth anniversary get-a-way memorable and relaxing. We had the private dinner which was top-notch, five-star quality. Breakfasts are truly a treat and again, five-star quality. I have been telling friends, colleagues, and acquaintances about this Inn because it's the type of place that you'd love other people to experience as well. Even my dear husband who doesn't comment much about anything told me on our drive home "That was one of the most relaxing weekends I've ever had." (!!!) Thanks again for the experience! The Bertka's

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in the Berllan Glyn King Suite last May during my Denison University reunion and couldn't have been more pleased to have found this little bit of heaven in the hills surrounding my alma mater. Bobbi and Jeff are the angelic hosts that make this B&B outstanding. I get tears in my eyes every time I have to leave their gracious hospitality and most comfortable establishment. Oh, did I mention...I returned this past weekend with my Denison classmate and felt as though we had our own private home. We lounged by the pool, took on the hiking trail and had dinner on the porch with the magnificent "Chef Jeff" serving up delectable meals for us. The Welsh Hills Inn is now my favorite dining establishment in Granville! Thank you so much Bobbi and Jeff for a most pleasant weekend. I can't wait to return to visit once again. Next time we will do some clay shooting! Mollie

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mcptrip
Jeff N, Owner at The Welsh Hills Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Mollie, it was so great seeing you and Angus again - an absolute pleasure as always. We hope to see you both again soon. Best to you both!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
Cherry Valley Lodge
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Polaris, OH

Been to The Welsh Hills Inn? Share your experiences!