“Pleasant stay”

Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Food was excellent and owners were very accommodating with our varied schedule. I would definitely stay again. Would be a fabulous place for young children because it is an actual farm. We stayed while my son was registering for classes at Denison University.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms with attached bath.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014

WOW! This place is amazing. So spic-n-span clean. 150+ years old. The room was expansive. Stayed in the Whitman suite. Very large and beautifully appointed. Andrew's cookies were yummy and enjoyed seeing all of the many animals. Fortunately the rooster did not keep us awake! Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: all are good. Prefer private bath.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent a lovely Saturday night at the Orchard House B&B. We loved meeting the owners, Don and Andrew, who were charming. The home itself is beautifully appointed and kept with a very casual and relaxing feel. Our son had the opportunity to take the farm experience and feed the animals. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our first experience with a B&B so I was a little unsure of what to expect! I am so happy to have found this place. The home was quiet and clean - awesome decor not to mention the food was just terrific!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm usually not big on B&Bs but the Orchard House welcomes dogs. My dog and I had a terrific stay. She was fascinated by the animals on the farm. I appreciated how relaxed my visit was without overly chatty or intrusive hosts and the opportunity to walk the grounds which are lovely. The French toast I had for breakfast was worth every fat gram and carb! While a little further from Denison than other properties, Orchard House is worth the (very few) extra minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Finally! This is what a B&B should be, other establishments should take note.

The proprietors (Don and Andrew) are beyond hospitable and friendly without being intrusive. Because they live in a separate house behind the B&B you have a ton of privacy. Even with other guests around, the rooms are still very private (and clean) and the house is big enough to accommodate all.

The house itself is beautiful and smartly decorated. My husband and I truly felt special because of our surroundings and the way we were treated. The complimentary wine and cheese hour was a perfect way to unwind before dinner, and breakfast was tasty (the eggs were taken right from the hens that morning!). Beyond that, there are all the little 'extras' like baked goodies, a keurig with an assortment of teas and coffees, a mini fridge, ice maker and water cooler at your disposal 24/7.

We loved being able to walk the property and feed/pet the many farm animals! You're in the country but centrally located to Granville and other areas of interest so it doesn't feel like there is no where to go.

I could go on and on. This was a great weekend getaway and I would recommend to anyone who needs a reset.

Room Tip: The Whitman room was fabulous. It almost felt like a mini apartment!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you normally don't like bed and breakfast establishments, this is the place for you. The hosts really let you enjoy your privacy. After a quick, warm welcome you are not bothered again. They will be there again when you come down for breakfast. When we came in from our walk outside to see all the amazing animals there was a lovely bottle of wine waiting for us and a terrific assortment of artisan cheeses along with some scrumptious homemade raspberry jam that has a hint of white chocolate liqueur in it. Our room was spacious and had a private bathroom and upper deck (the Whitman room) We also had the romance package which included a bouquet of fresh flowers, a bottle of champagne and a box of locally made chocolates. This really made it extra special, I highly recommend it. The nearby town of Granville is charming, we had supper at the Mexican place which was superb (blacked ahi tuna) and then went for dessert to the Granville Inn (also divine, creme brulee) where there was also live music. Hocking Hills State Forest is only an hour south and is breathtakingly beautiful with some great short trails that are well worth doing. This was an unexpected stop for us and I hiked in a dress and sandals and my husband was wearing flip flops and this was not a problem. My kind of hiking! Beautiful caves and cliffs and waterfalls at the end of each hike. I would love to come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: We only saw the Whitman room and loved it.
1  Thank Jacomina7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
6 mi away
The Welsh Hills Inn
The Welsh Hills Inn
#1 of 5 in Granville

Been to Orchard House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!