“Very bland and ...”
Review of Day Y Noche

Day Y Noche
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Granville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Small family owned and operated Mexican/American restaurant in downtown Granville. We are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week. We have a mix of Mexican and some American style dishes offering vegetarian options as well. We look forward to having you as our guests
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was reading the other reviews and expected a tasty meal. I rarely give 2 stars, but the meal begin with my husband's and my margaritas in a tumbler glass that comes out 3/4 full of margarita and filled to the top with ice. Granted it was decent, but after 3 sips to finish it and 7 bucks later, it wasn't worth it. The salsa was fresh, but very mild in flavor. I ordered the salmon dinner, which came with grilled veggies and quinoa salad. There was zero taste in any of it. I requested more salsa and poured salt over my meal. My husband ordered the shrimp served over rice. And that's what he got. No seasoning, no flavor and the shrimp was stringy and tough. We just sat there eating to eat. We've had our share of mediocre meals and we can find enjoyable parts of it. The hostesses were friendly, but our server always seemed confused and disoriented. He walked by our table several times without looking our way so we can ask for more water, drinks, salsa, etc. I fully support small, local businesses. I get every restaurant may have a bad night, but I highly recommend finding a different place to enjoy your dinner and actually getting a full drink when you order one (which I did order another just in case the first was fluke and it wasn't).

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate here while vacationing in Ohio. We chose this place based on TA reviews. The atmosphere is typical Mexican style with bright colors. You can eat in or out, we ate in. I had a burrito plate and my companion had flautas. Both plates were excellent, maybe just a bit pricey. We were surprised they did not offer Chile Rellenos which are our favorite. Service was excellent, the owner was on the premises and we spoke with her. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went to the local farmers market off of Main Street, and from there we saw tables outside with umbrellas that looked very quaint. There were other restaurants too with outside seating along our way. We realized everyone was eating breakfast, we decided to get some too. The sign said to go inside to get a table, so we did. And we ended up eating inside in the air conditioning. The decor was orange and purple with brown and teal colored wooden chairs.The funny thing is we didn't even know the name or that it had predominately Mexican cuisine. We looked at the menu, and after seeing a selection of dishes such as a Breakfast Sandwich, Burritos, Quesadillas, Omelets, French Toast as well as Pancakes. The waitress took our drink orders which we selected unsweetened iced tea, and then we selected Egg Quesadilla which we thought was amazing! It consisted of a scrambled egg, cheddar and Jack cheese, bell peppers, onions sandwiched between a tortia and cooked to perfection. It also came with sour cream, guacamole and a diced tomato onion mixture. The waitress asked if she could bring us anything else, and we said no. Then she suggested we could take our iced tea with us in To-Go cups, and we said perfect. We gave her a 25% tip. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in the Granville, Ohio area.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food was fresh and delicious, and menu had a lot of variety... not just another Tex-Mex eatery! Looking forward to going back there again...

1  Thank mcglauser
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My best friend and I frequent this establishment during the summer. They have wonderful omelets and chorizo hash. I've never Been there for lunch or dinner, but their breakfast is pretty good. The potatoes are really good and homemade. The breakfast potatoes are big red skin potatoes fried to a perfect brown. They do not serve liquor in the morning so no bloody Mary's. They also have outdoor sitting which is awesome on Saturday mornings!