See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2015

My wife and stayed at Porch House for 2 nights while our daughter visited Denison U. We actually stayed in the house next door. We were the only guests although there are 4 or 5 rooms available. Its on old house with old house charms and old house wear and tear. We loved our stay. Other than a couple of waves we only saw Bruce when we arrived and when we left. There is no breakfast, which Bruce told me when I initially called. The price was great and the location, tucked in the corner of town was great. It steps away from the green line bike/walk path and a couple of blocks from downtown. We will stay if we visit again. Only problem was the wifi was weak

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have stayed at the Porch House numerous times during our daughter's time at Denison. The rooms are lovely and quiet, the queen mattresses are comfortable, the location is perfect (walking distance to everything), and the breakfast is absolutely fantastic. Most importantly, Bruce & Lisa are lovely people that go out of their way to make you feel at home and accommodate any requests. There is a long list of things that Bruce has helped me with over the years, that it seems like you are saying goodbye to family when you leave. There are a few times I have stayed at the Inn in town (when the Porch House was booked) but there is no comparison in comfort, quiet and food. On our most recent stay for graduation, our extended family took over the entire second house, used the kitchen and hung out in the living and dining rooms. I will have to find an excuse to visit Granville and the Porch House again. Thank you Bruce and Lisa!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SuzG20
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My wife and I rode our tandem to Granville to spend the night at the Porch House for our 5th Anniversary. We were pleasantly greeted by Bruce and Lisa as we pulled up to the house, which is conveniently located right on the bike path. They informed us they'd never had anyone show up on a tandem before and were more than accommodating letting us keep the tandem in their garage. The guest house room was fantastic. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast in the morning was delicious. We happened to be the only guests that weekend, which sounded as though it was rare, and chatting with Bruce while he prepared the meal and he and Lisa sat down to eat with us was extra special. They made us feel genuinely welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This cozy B & B is the perfect place to stay when visiting Granville. It's charming, quite, clean, well decorated and there are many books on floor to ceiling bookshelves which made my stay there extra fun. The owners are super nice and friendly. I stayed here every Tuesday night for a semester while teaching at Denison U, and loved it every time. Super cute and comfortable place!
Thanks so much!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leeza m
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I came to Granville to look at houses and stayed over night with our 3 year old son mid July. Our room had lovely antique decor and had a very comfortable mattress. I could not hear anyone else during the night although it was at full capacity, which is rare in an old house. The breakfast was amazing too, but the best part was talking to Bruce and Lisa on the large green wrap around porch. Perfect Summer visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family