“Worst bed&breakfast that I have stayed at”
Review of Porch House

Porch House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granville
Porch House
Ranked #5 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I just spent a worst night at this bed&breakfast. At 2:30 am this morning, I was waken up by a constant pecking noise from outside the house and couldn't sleep any more. It sounded like a woodpecker pecking on the house, but I am puzzled by the timing. What woodpecker would do its pecking at 2:30 am? I got up and went out the house to look, but the noise stopped and I didn't find anything. When I went back to bed, however, the noise resumed. So I was kept up until we left in the morning.
Overall, this place seems clean. But it hasn't been kept up very well and you can see things everywhere that need update. The room that I had was very small. The bathroom was the tiniest one that I have ever seen. I am not able to comment on their breakfast because I didn't get one. When I told the owner that I had to leave early tomorrow and asked whether it was possible to have breakfast at 6:30 am, the answer was no. So I left without breakfast. If you plan to leave early in morning, you would definitely be better off to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Porchhouse, Owner at Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Yes, we remember this guest well. She asked for breakfast at a very early hour. We couldn't provide it at that time, but offered to leave some items for her. She declined. I do not know about a pecking sound that occurred outdoors, and I could not have controlled a sound of nature if I had wanted to do something about it. We are very disappointed that she had a bad experience, and would have gladly refunded the cost of her stay if she had asked.

Reviewed 23 July 2007

This was a wonderful place to spend our stay in Granville, a fun, friendly and clean town. The owners called personally to confirm our stay and then took care of anything we needed during our stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing every morning. They were also very informative and offered their opinion on the local offerings. We enjoyed visiting with the owners as well as other guests and spending time reading on the front porch.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eiselehome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
Historic Buxton Inn
#2 of 2 in Granville
Courtyard Newark Granville
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark

Been to Porch House? Share your experiences!