“I don't know why but it has declined”
Review of Brews Cafe - CLOSED

Brews Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Columbus, Ohio
“I don't know why but it has declined”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I used to love this place. Loved the food. LOVED the craft beer. Service has always been hit or miss but mostly hit. The food kept me going back. I take ALL of my out of town guests here especially fellow beer geeks.

In the last year I have gone twice now and received blan food and absolutely horrible service. I mean to the point where I have to ask to be served. I have no idea what happened here. New management?

They took off some of my favorite menu items and replaced it with lack luster crap. Very disappointed.

Still.I would still go for a beer, however, the service is really lousy. Servers are rude, uninterested, and uniformed of whats on tap. Not great for a place called BREWS. You kind of insinuate that you know beer.

• Visited October 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Great service, decent plain food”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our server was terrific...professional, prompt and helpful. The burger was decent, and the sweet potato fries were good. If you are looking for a warm, friendly place with something on the menu for everyone, Brews will do. By no means a destination restaurant.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank FikisMom
“Three Strikes”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This our third try and it just keeps getting worse. The staff is rude unless they recognize you as a regular. Food is nothing special . They have a wide selection of beer that the staff knows nothing about. This time the waitress acted annoyed when I asked about the Etru Sca. It was busy and she acted like she wanted to be any place else other than here. I recommend any chain pub over this local disaster.

• Visited October 2013
Pataskala
“Used to like this place”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Brew's for the past 23 years and have seen it go from an intimate 6 seat bar at the back of a deli/beer store to more of a restaurant, to it's current location with two floors, a balcony and boasting 250 beers to choose from! At the start, we went for the draft Guinness and great bartenders. After their first expansion, we went for a great buffalo chicken sandwich and curly fries. Now, we've pretty much stopped going as we find that the menu is not exciting, service is slow, and it is hard to get a seat. It's a popular place, but We preferred it when the food and service were better.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Good beer selection, boring atmosphere, mediocre food, poor service.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Went here for 10th anniversary and see if they have improved since our last visit. Wait staff spent so much time visiting at end of bar we missed happy hour beer. There were only 3 tables for her to care for, we saw another table looking for her as well. She was only animated when she brought the check. How she's been her 14 years is a testament to their mediocrity. On to the food... Cheese curds were very good and plentiful. Mac & cheese burger, good, but bun was dry and flavorless. Pacific Rim lettuce wraps: Lettuce leaves warm and an hour from being wilted. Peanut sauce fiery hot, peanut flavor beneath the fire, so could not enjoy. The worst thing was the "fake" chicken... Very cheap with phoney grill marks, so gross, and looked like playdoh chicken. Inedible. Oh, 7 guys in various cooking positions, one was dozing standing up, one on his phone. Not ONE of them smiled at us. They didn't talk to each other or seem happy. No music, lights too bright, just a flop. Better atmosphere at Broadway Pub.

• Visited September 2013