Three of us stayed in room 9 the crows nest. Inc our 5 year old son.
Fab location and sea view.
Very comfy bed.
Very friendly staff
Ok breakfast, when they have black pudding.
Traffic noise and seagulls squawking, results in no sleep after 6am.
Noisy beer garden pubs below room until 11.30pm.
No lift, so dragging bags up 4 flights of stairs.
Dated look & sometimes musty smell in hotel.
Room make up missed one day.
Morning paper missed for two days.
Water staining in room and tatty windows.
Patchy wifi at best.
Money needs to be spent on upgrades.
Install secondary glazing for sound proofing.
Re paint, re paper and re carpet hotel.
Open windows in breakfast room.
Better staff coverage/ organisation in event of staff sickness etc. re room clean and papers.
Boost wifi system.
Install air con in room.
In summary, nice place let down by a few glitches but our bill was reduced on check out so all ok in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkerleys Seafood Restaurant & Hotel on Deal seafront is highly commended & offers a warm & friendly welcome to its visitors; an award-winning restaurant with comfortable en-suite bedrooms; six with sea views, some with spa baths, all with modern HD TVs & wi-fi for computer access. A perfect retreat for golfers, businessmen, walkers & families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunkerley`s Restaurant Hotel Deal
- Dunkerley's Restaurant And Hotel Deal, Kent