We stayed here on Sunday 10th August and the occasion was for a family funeral the next day.
My wife and I shared a double room whilst my mother had a single room.
All our rooms were clean and tidy, in good repair and were comfortable and furnished with a decent size wardrobe, armchair, table and bed. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of cushions and pillows, more than you usually find but its nice to have than have not. At first the rooms were a little too warm but who wants them cold? Anyway the air conditioning quickly sorted that out and the windows opened easily if that was your preference so no problems there.
We did not use the tea and coffee provided but it looked like it would be awkward to fill the kettle from the bathroom sink. Other than that it would have been nice to have had some bottled water in the room for the night that is my only gripe.
Downstairs we visited the bar before dinner and I had a good pint. It was a Cornish bitter rather than a Kentish one which seems odd but it was a nice pint never the less. The pub was well populated but quiet. The tables and decor were perhaps a little dated but then the building is old so modern would not really have suited. There was a bar food menu which looked good and the couple next to me seemed to be enjoying their meal.
We ate in the restaurant that night and enjoyed the meal. We found the service amiable and pleasant and the food and wine was well priced. My wife thought her fish was a little over seasoned and possibly under cooked but this was rectified quickly and without fuss.
As I said our bed was comfortable and easy to sleep in. However my wife and I are used to a huge bed and the double was a close fit for our taste. Just a question of what you are used to I guess. But it was a comfortable bed to lie on.
The next morning we had the breakfast and again that was food of a good standard. As it was included in the price I had the cooked breakfast. I like that it was cooked to order rather than being left out in some self service buffet.
The reception was cheerful and the check in and out was nice and easy.
Our room was one with a sea view and I find that very relaxing.
All in all it was a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkerleys Seafood Restaurant & Hotel on Deal seafront is highly commended & offers a warm & friendly welcome to its visitors; an award-winning restaurant with comfortable en-suite bedrooms; six with sea views, some with spa baths, all with modern HD TVs & wi-fi for computer access. A perfect retreat for golfers, businessmen, walkers & families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunkerley`s Restaurant Hotel Deal
- Dunkerley's Restaurant And Hotel Deal, Kent