“Good food on the seafront Deal”
Review of King's Head Deal

King's Head Deal
Ranked #3 of 13 Deal B&B and Inns
Walmer, United Kingdom
“Good food on the seafront Deal”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

this pub is right opposite the pier so you can sit outside have some good value food and a beer and relax looking at the sea while the kids play safely on the beach
Graham who runs the pub is into cricket and there is cricket artifacts inside the pub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Your hosts Graham and Shirley Stiles have been running this place for decades and their service remains impeccably friendly. There are some rooms above the pub which may be a bit noisy, although Graham insists that customers respect local residents (a sign on the outdoor terrace considerately forbids bad language), but the rooms a little further along the street in Channel View Guest House are quiet, spacious and clean and offer views of Deal Pier and the English Channel. This is my first choice if I can't stay with my family in the area and it never disappoints. Breakfasts are more than ample too and served in the pub.

Room Tip: Rooms in Channel View Guest House are quieter than those above the pub. Rooms at the front have sea...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Warnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked in a few days before as it was a last minute trip. We had a warm welcome & shown to our room (7) which was on the top floor of the pub. It had an amazing sea view. The room was very comfortable & the bathroom had a lovely power shower. We decided to eat in the pub. If you are hungry this is THE place to eat. I had the nachos as a starter, & my other half had the whitebait, that was a meal in it self. Then to follow I had hunters chicken & the other half had the pie. Too full to have pudding but I am sure it would have been delicious. They had live music from 9pm but we decided to go for a walk along the pier & a mooch along the sea front. We had to get up early so then went back to our room. The music didnt bother us but if you wanted it quieter probably ask for the channel view a few doors down. Comfy bed too. Lovely cooked breakfast the next morning & lovely ladies who served us too. We will definitely come back here. A real

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask for one in the Channel View b & b a few doors down. Also lock you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nixnsteve
London
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went to Deal for my uncle's 60th birthday celebration and at the time of visiting the B&B was full. The rooms were basic and clean. Bed was comfy enough. Shower was hot and powerful. The landlord and staff were all extremely friendly and professional. It is also an excellent pub with good food and a great selection of ales and wine. For a short break in Deal you could not get better value if you tried. Hats off to them.

Room Tip: I was in Room 10 at the back. It was very quiet but of course no view. I believe the rooms at the fr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CaptComps
Congham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Really excellent traditional English pub with rooms. Stayed in the Channel View annex two doors down and it was very comfortable and well equipped incl. tea and coffee facilities. Great view over the Channel too, and I imagine would be great out on the terrace in the warmer weather. Good food menu served in the very busy bar, which was humming with a local clientele. Very friendly host with great staff behind the bar, and an excellent breakfast too. Really good find, and would definitely stay again. Only issue, the parking, but that's not the fault of the Kings Head!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nigel129
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Very nice pub accommodation in Deal!
Nice and clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Fantastic view from our room.
Excellent cooked breakfast.
Food in the restaurant was of high quality, and tasted fantastic.
Excellent ale on tap.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tomakarl
Deal, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed here many times and have always recommended it to my friends.
Good service, very friendly and SO comfy. I really love staying here.
I have stayed here over the years when I came over from France for a few days and some of my family and friend stayed here to celebrate my 80th birthday in October.
They were really delighted with everything.
I have also just met someone who stayed for several months while her house was being
sorted . She liked it so much that she was reluctant to leave..

Room Tip: I have stayed in toprooms but now I'm a bit creakey in my joints I had a lovely room downstairs...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kirstie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deal
Waterfront Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe
Number One B&B
Number One B&B
#1 of 13 in Deal

Been to King's Head Deal? Share your experiences!