“Sadly left disappointed for the Sunday roast”
Review of 81 Beach Street

81 Beach Street
Reserve with OpenTable
81 Beach Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 81 Beach Street is our celebration of what makes good restaurants great - fine food without the fuss.A cross between a restaurant and a bistro we offer an eating experience that goes beyond the need for nourishment.Enjoy the simple things of great food, good chat and great people.Fine food without the fuss.
“Sadly left disappointed for the Sunday roast”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place has always been our restaurant to go to for either an evening meal, Sunday dinner and even hiring the first floor for my birthday last year. Sadly we were disappointed with the food today. My partners lamb was very fatty so didn't have any meat to it, the Yorkshire was burnt, waited a long time to be served water and the table placement didn't seem very intimate. Where we have never been disappointed with the food before and the ambiance, we may have to reconsider next time for a Sunday lunch. Shame as I have always sung praises to family and friends about going to this place and I hope this was a one off.

• Visited April 2014
81BeachStreet, General Manager at 81 Beach Street, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your Sunday Lunch last week.

I have sent you a private message to try and put things right.

I hope to hear from you soon
Kind Regards

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Friendly; nice buzz; super food”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My second visit and every bit as good as the first. Well-balanced menu offering fresh and tasty ingredients in sensible portions. Enjoyed the parma ham starter and belly pork for main. Attentive and courteous staff who were busy with a full restaurant. Nothing else of this quality in Deal. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Vega77
Deal, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it could be!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A little disappointed with my meal .as were my guests ,this place has had a good reputation for a long time ,but I fear standards have slipped slightly . Service used to be A1 but has dropped to B3 .food was not the best ,over cooked partridge and calves liver ,and portion size small ( one small piece of liver ). I will visit again just to see if things have improved.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to leave us feedback from your dining experience.

I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed this visit. I have sent you a private message to hopefully try and put things right.

Kind regards
Deal, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We've been to 81 several times, both in the evening and Sunday lunchtime and have never been disappointed. On our most recent visit the food was excellent, service was attentive but not obtrusive. The only downside - why do some people think it's ok for the rest of the restaurant to hear their talk / shouting.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tony-deal
Abergavenny
“Sunday lunch with all the trimmings!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Booked for Sunday lunch at this friendly nearseafront restaurant..could only fit us in aT 3.30 so we were a bit apprehensive that we would get the leftovers..dried up yorkshires etc..! But no! After a short wait at the table where drinks were brought promptly to us we enjoyed a delicious fresh plentiful roast lunch each; two roast beefs and one butternut squash bake with steaming bowls of varied veg, lovely mashed swede carrot, cauliflower cheese...even roasted red onions and yorkshires and stuffing! As this was a 2 course set lunch We were offered the dessert menu which I didn't think I could manage after being so greed y with my main so we ordered our 3 with a view to sharing...all the puds were light, beautifully presented and very tasty ....there was also a cheese board option that looked very nice at the next table so if you can manage it , go for it! Good value, lovely friendly service..gets busy so book....weekday special menus look fun too.

Visited March 2014

Been to 81 Beach Street? Share your experiences!