“Dinner & Sunday Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 81 Beach Street

81 Beach Street
Reserve with OpenTable
81 Beach Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 81 Beach Street is our celebration of what makes good restaurants great - fine food without the fuss.A cross between a restaurant and a bistro we offer an eating experience that goes beyond the need for nourishment.Enjoy the simple things of great food, good chat and great people.Fine food without the fuss.
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner & Sunday Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This restaurant is a real find in Deal on the Kent Coast; with clean,simple surroundings and a small, carefully selected menu using lots of lovely local ingredients. My husbands pheasant was very tasty as was my mushroom & courgette crumble; I'm not a veggie but have to say that the vegetarian selection on the menu is very good, especially the starters. Service was very friendly & efficient & we enjoyed ourselves so much we re-booked for Sunday lunch with my brother & his wife. The set lunch menu was exceptional value, with large portions and good quality (despite the singed Yorkshire puddings) and we'll be returning next time we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014

“Sadly left disappointed for the Sunday roast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place has always been our restaurant to go to for either an evening meal, Sunday dinner and even hiring the first floor for my birthday last year. Sadly we were disappointed with the food today. My partners lamb was very fatty so didn't have any meat to it, the Yorkshire was burnt, waited a long time to be served water and the table placement didn't seem very intimate. Where we have never been disappointed with the food before and the ambiance, we may have to reconsider next time for a Sunday lunch. Shame as I have always sung praises to family and friends about going to this place and I hope this was a one off.

• Visited April 2014
81BeachStreet, General Manager at 81 Beach Street, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your Sunday Lunch last week.

I have sent you a private message to try and put things right.

I hope to hear from you soon
Kind Regards
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Friendly; nice buzz; super food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My second visit and every bit as good as the first. Well-balanced menu offering fresh and tasty ingredients in sensible portions. Enjoyed the parma ham starter and belly pork for main. Attentive and courteous staff who were busy with a full restaurant. Nothing else of this quality in Deal. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Vega77
Deal, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it could be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

A little disappointed with my meal .as were my guests ,this place has had a good reputation for a long time ,but I fear standards have slipped slightly . Service used to be A1 but has dropped to B3 .food was not the best ,over cooked partridge and calves liver ,and portion size small ( one small piece of liver ). I will visit again just to see if things have improved.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to leave us feedback from your dining experience.

I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed this visit. I have sent you a private message to hopefully try and put things right.

Kind regards
Deal, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We've been to 81 several times, both in the evening and Sunday lunchtime and have never been disappointed. On our most recent visit the food was excellent, service was attentive but not obtrusive. The only downside - why do some people think it's ok for the rest of the restaurant to hear their talk / shouting.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tony-deal

Been to 81 Beach Street? Share your experiences!