“Excellent Food”
Review of 81 Beach Street

81 Beach Street
Reserve with OpenTable
81 Beach Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 116 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$21 - US$49
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 81 Beach Street is our celebration of what makes good restaurants great - fine food without the fuss.A cross between a restaurant and a bistro we offer an eating experience that goes beyond the need for nourishment.Enjoy the simple things of great food, good chat and great people.Fine food without the fuss.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had dinner here last night. The service was good, but the food really makes this place. I had fish croquettes to start, and steak with blue cheese sauce to follow. The bread was very nice, although you had to pay for it, which I found a little strange. The meal was a little pricey, but everything was very well serviced, and I'd certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

It was a meal for my daughter's Hen night prior to hitting the town! Wowsers!!! We were all blown away with the food-we'd ordered: bread & oil, rump steak, chips and cheesecake for pud! Beautifully presented, perfectly cooked and soooooo yummy! Staff were attentive, friendly and their service/serving time was second to none!
Our first visit, although our daughter's eaten there before, we all loved it, would all return and will certainly recommend!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Having had a less than average meal here a while back, I had no great expectations when I went for a celebration with friends. In fact we had a reasonable meal. I asked about wheelchair access, planning to take my Dad in the future. The response was unhelpful and dismissive. Clearly the guy I spoke to - one of the owners, I think - hadn't heard of "reasonable adjustments" and told me it would be "too difficult" to put a ramp in. The pavement is narrow, but many places make the effort with a portable ramp. It's a shame that too many cafes and restaurants still feel that it's somebody else's problem.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We booked here for our 1st evening, great service, lovely food but not exciting!!! Thought there would be more choice. A very popular place, so you need to book. Lovely setting but nicer places in town.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I think the restaurant must have changed hands since I last ate here - steaks and burgers have made an appearance on the menu. What hasn't changed, however, is the quality of the food and the cooking. I had courgette and apple soup - I've never had anything like it. Delicious. My only criticism is that the freshly baked bread and dipping oil used to be free and now they charge. Visited as part of my www.dogwalkingholidays.co.uk exploration of the area, but had to leave the dogs at home.

1  Thank DogWalkingHolidays