“Great food,atmosphere,setting”

Price range: US$33 - US$46
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chequers Kitchen is now primarily a cookery school and we hope you will join us to cook together one day. This means the restaurant is no longer open routinely to the general public. However, there are still ways to come and dine with us and the bar will be open for hot and cold drinks whenever we are here - which is most of the time! We continue to hold our popular Demo & Dine events, with dates and menus listed on the website. We are a fabulous venue for Team Building, private group dining, celebrations and Christmas parties. And for those who have dined with us in the past we have our by-invitation Friends' Suppers and Lunches. The best way to find out about opportunities to dine at Chequers Kitchen will be to sign up for our newsletter. Or stay in touch via the website or this Facebook page.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The chequers really impressed me with great food, friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant has been recently renovated and has a lovely light and open layout set within beautiful scenery . This place is a must for everyone !

1  Thank Londontombyr

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Four of us went to the "new" Chequers last night and from start to finish it was a fantastic experience !
If you want your run of the mill eatery then don't go here!
If you want to experience food at top london level in the east of Kent then this is your place.
Do not expect a printed out menu, you will get an explanation of what the head chief has prepared that day based on what is good for the season and their suppliers that day, so if you are willing to be amazed and have your tastebuds given a reality check then this is the place to be!
I could go on about every dish they served up in fine detail but it would take up much to much time all I would say is its different it's exciting and NOT run of the mill !!
It's a food and cooking school during the rest of the week and
if what they produce at the weekends is any measure of what's being taught during the week our eating out future is looking really good!
Well done everybody at the Chequers a fantastic night out!
Kind regards
Phil A and party

1  Thank Philip A
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just the place we've been looking for, out of the usual town venues. Make the effort and go to this lovely find just pass the golf course in Deal. Can't fault anything here. We had the fab rotisserie chicken with wonderful and unusual salads. Can't get this anywhere else. Served on platters. Plenty of good food and well priced. The fish was soooo tasty. What's not too like. The place is fresh and newly decorated and better still, my father's wheelchair could even make it to the loo with him still in it. Good disabled access. Thanks for that. Not many places I know that provide that facility. Go back....Damn right we will. Aaron

2  Thank rovan2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived by bike by accident, stumbling into this isolated ex pub backing onto the Links of the famous golf club (not quite as famous as Royal St Georges). The restaurant and the kitchen share the same space and pride is taken in the cooking and ingredients. It is a simple menu with some sophisticated touches and a league up on what you might expect from a rural eatery. Sunday lunch was priced at £16 for 2 courses and seemed decent value for the quality.
There are some downsides. It is off the beaten track on a toll road if approached from Sandwich and although there is a decent range of beers it is all bottled which does not suit everyone. Furnishings are more cafe style than luxury. Overall it is well worth a try and competes with the best in Deal.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were very lucky to be invited along for an evening meal during their launch weekend. The place has had an astonishing makeover since the last time I was there, (admittedly, this was several years before the dawn of the Stone Age) when it resembled a Beefeater. Set not 100 feet from the sea amongst the sand dunes of the Ancient Highway between Deal and Sandwich, the location is unique.

The open kitchen layout, with the chef preparing food not 10 feet from my table was quite a revelation to me, though my daughter, the chef, looked like she'd seen it all before. The Chef, Pieter, was good enough to invite us over and talk in some details about the ingredients, philosophy, and dishes he was passionate about.

I was quite impressed and not a little star-struck. High expectations had developed and I have to say the grub blew my goddamn doors off (I've always wanted to say that after watching the Cannonball run too many times as a teenager.) The overall ambience of down-to-earth sophistication (without the pretentiousness), great décor (like the blue feature wall guys - where did you get the paint from??) made it a very memorable evening.

The service was attentive, the prices reasonable, and like a Terminator who's been bought a reindeer jumper for Christmas with a receipt, I'll be back.

1  Thank Kbaughan1