“Food was tasty but the wait was not”
Review of Deal Pier Kitchen

Deal Pier Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 109 Restaurants in Deal
Reviewed 22 October 2023

Met a friend here for Saturday lunch, we queued in the torrential rain for 30 minutes, as we neared the front we stood just inside the hallway and a server/manager came out to tell us the communal areas are council owned and no one can queue there due to fire safety. An older couple were appalled and left the queue as the rain was so bad.

When inside we were shocked to discover two large tables with decor on which could have been used to seat more people, the restaurant floor was pretty big and the layout seemed suboptimal, I am unsure if they have a cap from the council as to how many heads they can have in at any given time but I was baffled that the room wasn’t laid out more efficiently. It made the fact we stood outside in the rain for 30 mins even more annoying.

We ordered the Philly Cheesesteak Sub roll and fries which was very nice. The fries were crispy and fresh. We took away 3 pieces of cake but when we ate them at home they were unfortunately not that fresh, they tasted like 2/3 day old cake.

I would return for lunch but it would be on the off chance there was no queue.
With the weather turning now a good manager would reorganise the seating, create a small waiting space by the door and get the floor plan working more efficiently.

Reviewed 17 October 2023

This is a review of the Saturday evening lobster and steak dinner. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated without any issues. Wonderful location at end of the pier and pleasant ambience in the dining room. Service was excellent as was the food although the steak was definitely on the smallish side. Would have no hesitation in returning and recommending to others.

1  Thank redhand
Reviewed 8 October 2023 via mobile

Not particularly impressed if I’m honest. The location is great and the menu sounds superb. But the execution is below par and it seems to me that this place thinks it’s better than it is. For example, after a 30 minute wait, my breakfast came and the mushrooms were incinerated. When paying the £33 bill for two breakfasts, I gave feedback to the waitress that the kitchen should not have allowed the mushrooms to come out like that. I thought she would offer a concession. But nothing came….. there are definitely better places for breakfast in Deal.

3  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 4 October 2023

A great lunch venue. I had the lobster and crayfish benedict which was amazing and my partner had the steak and cheese bap which was huge and delicious I know because I had a bite. Staff very efficient and friendly

2  Thank Rosemary S
Reviewed 30 September 2023 via mobile

Ordered the tomahawk steak & lobster for 2. Was more than enough for all three of us. Really delicious, tender & perfectly cooked. Sides of fries & heritage tomatoes were very nice too. Only the lobster bisque was not up to expectations. Good red wine & lively ambience. Expensive, but worth it.

Date of visit: September 2023