“Dunkerley's does it again”

Dunkerley's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dunkerley's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We went to Dunkerley's restaurant last night for a family meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
We were greeted by a delightful young lady at the bar who made us feel most welcome providing drinks and menus for us to peruse. The 'Chef Patron' came and discussed our order and made some very helpful suggestions on choice of meal and some excellent wines to accompany the courses. The two young waiters were polite and very attentive without being pushy but very efficient.
All our meals were delicious, i had wild pigeon to start, roast duck on a bed of red cabbage and finished off with a Pear poached in red wine with homemade ice cream. The meal was made all the more special by the superb wine, the tomato and herb soup appitiser and the palette cleansing sorbet between courses.
Thank you Ian and team for making an ordinary evening out into an extraordinary evening.
If you value great food, being made to feel like nothing is too much trouble and good company you will find it difficult to beat Dunkerley's Restaurant in Deal.
Thanks guys.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

How refreshing to sit down and be served good quality food with excellent service. Not cheap but good value considering the surroundings. A "must try".

Reviewed 25 October 2013

authentic fish & chips an excellent english cheese platter a cosy atmosphere, very helpful & friendly staff, present but never over so, Ive rarely eaten such fresh fish!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have been to Dunkerley's restaurant a number of times for both lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. The food and service is outstanding and the set menus provide exceptional value for money given the very high standard of the restaurant. Whenever friends come to visit I always book in for either lunch or dinner and everybody is always extremely impressed. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were greeted warmly and shown to a spacious table for two. The waiting staff were excellent, attentive without being obtrusive. The lunch menu I ordered from was excellent, I tried wood pigeon for the first time and found it very nice. The attractive presentation of every course was noticeable. The braised steak was divine, I will be returning to introduce my father to this delicious dish. Pear crumble was superb. My dining partner was equally impressed. I have dined in this restaurant for over 20years and every meal has been made into an occasion. I have in the past stayed overnight in their attractive accommodation after my husband and I dined of an evening, it was lovely to relax over a superb meal and see my husband enjoy a drink from the fine selection of wine as usually he did not get to enjoy a drink with the knowledge there was a 22 mile drive home.
I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. Visit this restaurant and enjoy writing a superb review for yourself.