“Lovely country pub with a open fire”
Review of The Hare & Hounds

The Hare & Hounds
Ranked #38 of 116 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of the Kent countryside, The recently refurbished Hare and Hounds, Northbourne offers an exciting locally sourced menu, an excellent international wine list and expertly kept real ales.Built in 1628, the Hare & Hounds is situated in a small village between Dover, Deal, Sandwich & Canterbury. Northbourne is the Home of Lord Northbourne and family to whom the Queen mother was a regular visitor. All of our food is carefully prepared from fresh locally sourced ingredients in our new kitchen. Our chefs make every dish from scratch, and nothing is bought in pre-made or prepared: no shortcuts, and no compromises. Children’s portions of all meals are available at a reduced cost. Please ask for more information.
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Probably my favourite pub in a gorgeous rural village just outside of Deal.

The pub itself is in the process of changing hands at the moment but the temporary manageress is doing her best to make customers welcome I went in there with my wife just before Christmas and we got 5 star service, including a specially laid and lit open fire, which I'm a complete sucker for!

It has a basic pub menu and most of the main courses are less than £7, making our meal for two with drinks less than £20 with some change, which I gave as a tip.

1  Thank Kbaughan1

Been to The Hare & Hounds? Share your experiences!