“Dreadful ”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately a rather unpleasant experience, great shame as the venue, end of the pier, superb views but food, service all pretty dreadful. Grubby windows, awful smell of old fat, terrible dhame

1  Thank Megan J

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had the best breakfast at Jasin's during our stay in Deal. Service was prompt with meals delivered piping hot and plentiful. It was busy but we didn't have to wait too long for our order to arrive. This is an unique venue with views of Deal seafront to enjoy and of course the fishing on the deck below is always something you can check out. Definitely worth a revisit.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Well , what can I say that has,nt already been said on previous other persons trip advisor reports on " Jasins Restaurant " on the end of a Deal Pier ????
This place certainly draws a wide range of opinions from it,s customers and is a very "Marmite" type of establishment , you either really like it or dislike it immensely and threaten to never go there again !
What is making people feel so polar opposite to each other in their experience or opinion ?
First , let's put this bit straight , nobody can argue that it is on a beautiful coastline and being At the end of the pier offers magnificent views , sometimes on a good day you can see France ! So,it gets a 10/10 for location before you even step inside this cafe/ restaurant.
I can only speak as I have found myself ,having been going here for the best part of a year .
I have eaten here a few times , normally the cooked breakfast and have not at any time felt the need to complain .
The food is hot and satisfactory . Nothing exceptional but then again not terrible either !
The service could at times be improved , they have young members of staff who work hard but just need a leader / supervisor to just keep things together ,making sure that customers are not kept waiting . This has,nt happened to me but I have seen it happen on occasions and the owner could help out more instead of looking at their computer and then barking orders to the staff who are obviously struggling .
It seems to me that staff morale seems very low ! The staff are obviously not happy working there ,that,s the way that they are coming across ,that,s hardly surprising At the way that they are spoken to by the owner plus the often poor trip advisor reports that they are getting which must be affecting them .
I believe that this is down to poor man management . I think also that the owner ought to reply to trip advisor reports ( as do some of the better owners ) this At least shows that they actually DO care about their customers feedback and how they can either improve or maintain standards . This is just good business relations NOT rocket science !
So how can this place improve ? Take notice of what EVERYONE says , but this is down to the owner , so over to you Jasins ! This place could be a "goldmine" with repeat loyal customers if they got it right ! Watch this space and let,s see if the owner can / will rise to the challenge .
I look forward to a response from them to my report but won,t hold my breathe for that !
But I,m ready to be proven wrong !

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I had a pie, chips and mushy peas. It was of the quality you'd expect down the football. Such a shame they couldn't rustle up a more imaginative food offering given the location and setting, which is fantastic. A cup of tea we had was ok so perhaps stick to that.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Went for coffee on Sunday morning. My Americano was weak and tasteless. Spoke to the person I took to be the duty manager who rather begrudgingly replaced it. No apology nor trace of customer service. Second coffee no better than the first, so assume this is their best shot. As you can get decent coffee practically everywhere these days, it’s not worth the effort of walking to the end of the pier - except for the view.