“Really Awful”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We went to Jasin's for Sunday breakfast this morning and we were so upset to find this beautiful location being run by people who really don't understand what an opportunity they have . Location is fantastic and having been refurbished not that long ago it should be spotlessly clean and this was certainly not the case . Looking around the windows were dirty and the floor around the serving area was filthy . There was no atmosphere whatsoever and it was cold and felt really clinical like a hospital canteen rather than a beautiful end of pier restaurant. The first thing you notice on entering is the smell of fat rather than the smell of home cooked food and the decor is really uninspiring for such a lovely setting . The young waiter seemed friendly enough but he clearly had no idea about good service . He seemed unsure of himself and the menu he was offering . No one came to ask if everything was ok or if we needed anything else and when we left no one said goodbye or thanks for coming it was completely void of atmosphere .
Having been featured on the BBC series Liar I would guess many people have visited this restaurant since and I'm sure were very disappointed . My friends from London could not believe what a great location but it is truly wasted on proprietors who show no pride in there business .
The food was ok not the worst breakfast I've ever had but certainly not the best .
Such a shame and as the pier is being given a facelift soon it is even more of a shame .
Owners please go and buy yourself a greasy spoon cafe on industrial estate you will fit in perfectly !!!

2  Thank Linda D

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately a rather unpleasant experience, great shame as the venue, end of the pier, superb views but food, service all pretty dreadful. Grubby windows, awful smell of old fat, terrible dhame

1  Thank Megan J
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had the best breakfast at Jasin's during our stay in Deal. Service was prompt with meals delivered piping hot and plentiful. It was busy but we didn't have to wait too long for our order to arrive. This is an unique venue with views of Deal seafront to enjoy and of course the fishing on the deck below is always something you can check out. Definitely worth a revisit.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Well , what can I say that has,nt already been said on previous other persons trip advisor reports on " Jasins Restaurant " on the end of a Deal Pier ????
This place certainly draws a wide range of opinions from it,s customers and is a very "Marmite" type of establishment , you either really like it or dislike it immensely and threaten to never go there again !
What is making people feel so polar opposite to each other in their experience or opinion ?
First , let's put this bit straight , nobody can argue that it is on a beautiful coastline and being At the end of the pier offers magnificent views , sometimes on a good day you can see France ! So,it gets a 10/10 for location before you even step inside this cafe/ restaurant.
I can only speak as I have found myself ,having been going here for the best part of a year .
I have eaten here a few times , normally the cooked breakfast and have not at any time felt the need to complain .
The food is hot and satisfactory . Nothing exceptional but then again not terrible either !
The service could at times be improved , they have young members of staff who work hard but just need a leader / supervisor to just keep things together ,making sure that customers are not kept waiting . This has,nt happened to me but I have seen it happen on occasions and the owner could help out more instead of looking at their computer and then barking orders to the staff who are obviously struggling .
It seems to me that staff morale seems very low ! The staff are obviously not happy working there ,that,s the way that they are coming across ,that,s hardly surprising At the way that they are spoken to by the owner plus the often poor trip advisor reports that they are getting which must be affecting them .
I believe that this is down to poor man management . I think also that the owner ought to reply to trip advisor reports ( as do some of the better owners ) this At least shows that they actually DO care about their customers feedback and how they can either improve or maintain standards . This is just good business relations NOT rocket science !
So how can this place improve ? Take notice of what EVERYONE says , but this is down to the owner , so over to you Jasins ! This place could be a "goldmine" with repeat loyal customers if they got it right ! Watch this space and let,s see if the owner can / will rise to the challenge .
I look forward to a response from them to my report but won,t hold my breathe for that !
But I,m ready to be proven wrong !

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I had a pie, chips and mushy peas. It was of the quality you'd expect down the football. Such a shame they couldn't rustle up a more imaginative food offering given the location and setting, which is fantastic. A cup of tea we had was ok so perhaps stick to that.

Been to Jasin's Restaurant? Share your experiences!