“A Fair Deal”

The Malvern Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deal
The Malvern Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 13 Deal B&B and Inns
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“A Fair Deal”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I read the reviews on this site before going and was a little concerned. However on arrival and after a nights stay i was surprised that some people could be so negative. It is a Guest House, not a 5 star Hotel. We stayed in the top room with the separate bathroom and my future wife found it fantastic. How one person on this review can see to criticise this layout is beyond me. The bed was Large and comfortable. The facilities within the room were adequate, there was a complaint made the following morning by other of our party about the noise from our room. But we are engaged to be married, "What do they expect." That comment was for the benefit of prudes and our party who love taking the Micky. The breakfast choice was first class and the food served good. The walk into and onto the Sea front took minutes. Ok the parking might not be to everybody's satisfaction, but before you go most people look on trip advisors and so would be aware of that. All told we found the Malvern good value for money. Would we stay there again, a resounding Yes. We were a party of 9 people, and nobody in our group complained. Would I recommend the Malvern Guest House? Yes I would.

Room Tip: Try and get the trop room with the big rolled top bath, and the shower that will accomodate 5-7 peop...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Welltravellled

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was billeted here by the local folk club so didn't choose it myself.
However, it was fine for one night. The single room I had was small and you had to move the bed a little to get into the wardrobe! I lay on the bed for a while and thought how they might re-arrange the room so this didn't happen. I couldn't see any other way of doing it! Shame really.
One thing that did shock me (pleasantly) was the room's mini-bar. You more usually only get these in the bigger hotels. Nice touch, even though I didn't use it.
The shower was fine and the facilities thereof adequate.
Breakfast was another (again pleasant) surprise as I don't think I've ever come across the range of foods that were available in a B&B before. I was tempted by the smoked salmon and scrambled egg but went for the 'lighter breakfast' instead. It was fine.
Pauline, who owns the place with her husband Derek, served the breakfasts and is a very welcoming and friendly lady.
I'm sure the double rooms are more spacious but I didn't bother to find out as I'm unlikely to stay there again.
No problem for one night especially as I managed to park nearby. Parking IS a problem here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GiffLancashire
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Malvern on Saturday night nice lady who ran the b& b we had the room at the top of the house. Bedroom and bathroom separate rooms but this wasn't a problem.
We were going out for dinner so had a shower it took along time to heat up then went cold then to hot.
Traffic during the night was very noisy so didn't sleep well so then in the morning went to take a shower again but this time no hot water tried for 15 minutes but nothing. We complained to the owner but she said there was nothing she could do.
So no shower and couldn't wash my hair so not happy.
Breakfast was ok.
Very disappointed that she only took £10 of the room so won't be staying again and would advice to check everything works before unpacking your suitcase.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Situated on the main one way route into Deal..this was very noisy ALL the time. Parking is a serious issue- there isnt any, the nearest place was 10 mins walk away on the roadside.
The room was ok..pity its not up to the same standard as the bathroom which was sheer luxury! We stayed in room 10, the bed creaked very loudly every time we moved so sleep went out of the window - which incidentally was misted up the whole time as the DG unit had gone. Breakfast was ok if a tad greasy...but a wonderful selection none the less...service here was very good they just need to address the bed and soundproof the rooms...we could hear the people in the next room very clearly. We won't be staying here again and I would seriously advise people about the parking.

• Stayed September 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have just returned from a family wedding weekend and had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights.
Lovely guest house and the breakfasts were superb with so much to choose from.
The owner and staff could not do enough for you and made us so welcome.
Our only problem was the parking but it was the carnival week, and even then we were given lots of helpful advise.
On our last morning we had to collect our vehicle from the wedding venue and they were even kind enough to take us to it at no extra cost.

Thanks for a fabulous time!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for a rear one as the front of the property gets lots of traffic passin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Just returned from the malvern hotel in Deal. The owners are lovely people. The location of the hotel is superb with the Castle just a couple of streets away and the beach with the fishing boats at the end of the road. The town centre is about 3 minutes away with some nice shops and bars. The breakfasts menu is extensive and the food cooked really well.The room was priced sensibly.
However, Our room (4) could have been warmer, I know it is November but that is what central heating is for. In our opinion the room would have been more suitable as a single. The bed was against the fireplace and was difficult to navigate around. The mattress was a little thin for a bed with wooden slats instead of springs. The fridge, which was a little noisy, was well stocked with items that were slightly expensive. Finally the toilet pump was noisy when pumping waste away.
All in all the hotel is really nice but just one or two changes would make a big difference.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank barry l
Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is a beautiful guest house, beautiful room, lovely decor, and a very warm welcome. I felt very well looked after here. Breakfast was really good, in a very comfortable room with newspapers available.
I was in an attic room, with an emergency exit linking to the attic room in the adjoining house (also part of the same hotel). There was little noise reduction through this emergency door, so I could hear everything that the neighbours said, but realised at breakfast, they did speak in rather loud voices! The hotel was so great in every other way that I forgave it this small negative.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deal
Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe
The Lodge at Princes Golf Club
Fleur de Lis Hotel & Restaurant

Been to The Malvern Guesthouse? Share your experiences!