“A very comfortable stay with one huge breakfast menu!!!!”

The Malvern Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deal
The Malvern Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 13 Deal B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A very comfortable stay with one huge breakfast menu!!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

As a regular visitor to Deal I can honestly say this little unassuming guest house is by far the best I've stayed in.

From the offset you are made to feel extremely welcome by the very warm and attentive landlady who greets you with a smile.

The rooms are spacious, modern and clean with all the comforts of home.

Breakfast runs later than any guest house I have ever stayed in and is wonderful. The breakfast menu is plentiful offering pretty much any breakfast dish imaginable.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Chisit414

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in The Malvern for one night whilst visiting Deal and it was just lovely!

The staff are friendly, attentive and greeted us on arrival. We were shown to our room which was clean, spacious and nicely decorated!

The breakfast menu is fantastic, there was so much choice from waffles to a full English and was cooked and presented to a high standard!

Would definitely stay here again. Thank you to all at The Malvern for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mands88
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very comfortable room with double bed and single bed with plenty of space. Great en-suite shower room with double shower.
It was a very cold night when we stayed but Pauline had put an extra electric heater in our room so it was lovely and toasty.
Warm and friendly hosts with extensive breakfast choices from fruit and cereal, to cooked breakfasts including kippers, waffles, crepes and anything else you can think of for breakfast.
Perfectly located just one road up from the seafront.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you are not used to being on a main road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chaplinsnest
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I read the reviews on this site before going and was a little concerned. However on arrival and after a nights stay i was surprised that some people could be so negative. It is a Guest House, not a 5 star Hotel. We stayed in the top room with the separate bathroom and my future wife found it fantastic. How one person on this review can see to criticise this layout is beyond me. The bed was Large and comfortable. The facilities within the room were adequate, there was a complaint made the following morning by other of our party about the noise from our room. But we are engaged to be married, "What do they expect." That comment was for the benefit of prudes and our party who love taking the Micky. The breakfast choice was first class and the food served good. The walk into and onto the Sea front took minutes. Ok the parking might not be to everybody's satisfaction, but before you go most people look on trip advisors and so would be aware of that. All told we found the Malvern good value for money. Would we stay there again, a resounding Yes. We were a party of 9 people, and nobody in our group complained. Would I recommend the Malvern Guest House? Yes I would.

Room Tip: Try and get the trop room with the big rolled top bath, and the shower that will accomodate 5-7 peop...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Welltravellled
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was billeted here by the local folk club so didn't choose it myself.
However, it was fine for one night. The single room I had was small and you had to move the bed a little to get into the wardrobe! I lay on the bed for a while and thought how they might re-arrange the room so this didn't happen. I couldn't see any other way of doing it! Shame really.
One thing that did shock me (pleasantly) was the room's mini-bar. You more usually only get these in the bigger hotels. Nice touch, even though I didn't use it.
The shower was fine and the facilities thereof adequate.
Breakfast was another (again pleasant) surprise as I don't think I've ever come across the range of foods that were available in a B&B before. I was tempted by the smoked salmon and scrambled egg but went for the 'lighter breakfast' instead. It was fine.
Pauline, who owns the place with her husband Derek, served the breakfasts and is a very welcoming and friendly lady.
I'm sure the double rooms are more spacious but I didn't bother to find out as I'm unlikely to stay there again.
No problem for one night especially as I managed to park nearby. Parking IS a problem here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GiffLancashire
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Malvern on Saturday night nice lady who ran the b& b we had the room at the top of the house. Bedroom and bathroom separate rooms but this wasn't a problem.
We were going out for dinner so had a shower it took along time to heat up then went cold then to hot.
Traffic during the night was very noisy so didn't sleep well so then in the morning went to take a shower again but this time no hot water tried for 15 minutes but nothing. We complained to the owner but she said there was nothing she could do.
So no shower and couldn't wash my hair so not happy.
Breakfast was ok.
Very disappointed that she only took £10 of the room so won't be staying again and would advice to check everything works before unpacking your suitcase.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Situated on the main one way route into Deal..this was very noisy ALL the time. Parking is a serious issue- there isnt any, the nearest place was 10 mins walk away on the roadside.
The room was ok..pity its not up to the same standard as the bathroom which was sheer luxury! We stayed in room 10, the bed creaked very loudly every time we moved so sleep went out of the window - which incidentally was misted up the whole time as the DG unit had gone. Breakfast was ok if a tad greasy...but a wonderful selection none the less...service here was very good they just need to address the bed and soundproof the rooms...we could hear the people in the next room very clearly. We won't be staying here again and I would seriously advise people about the parking.

• Stayed September 2013