“Lovely Breakfast”

Wellingtons
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The portion is perfect, so is the quality. The staff are welcoming and the view from the window is very good. A good old Full english in a cafe by the beach, Is how i love to spend Saturday mornings!

“Friendly service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great value for the great British breakfasts, lunches and views of the Deal coast.
Always served with a smile.

• Visited March 2014
Nelson, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visiting family whilst on holiday we stopped off for breakfast at Wellingtons. In contrast to a previous breakfast at another Deal establishment this was perfect. This is an old fashioned café with great old fashioned service. The owner greeted us, the waitress was efficient and above all the food was served quickly and was tasty. This was despite every table being taken up. The menu is simple but they do it well and the price is very competitive.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Best All Day Breakfast ... In The World!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Four or five times a year we have a day out from Tonbridge in the West of Kent to Deal in the East. One of the main reasons for going to Deal is our breakfast at Wellingtons, in fact, I think it fair to say that if Wellingtons were not there we would probably not make the trip so frequently! The service and quality on our trip today was, as usual, superb. There were four of us - Two of us had the 'Special Breakfast' and Two of us had the 'Mega Breakfast' and between us we had most of the different combinations of this you can have! What sets these breakfasts apart from the usual, is the quality of the ingredients, they use butchers quality sausage and bacon, not the usual 'catering' sausages you often find in cafes and smaller restaurants. Included in the deal is a glass of orange and choice of tea or coffee. You also get toast which again is superior to most cafe/restuarants where you would be given some toasted bread and a sachet of butter or margarine, oh no, here the toast is already generously buttered for you! My wife and daughter had requested decaffinated coffees, when the waiter delivered them he realized they were full coffees and apologised and replaced them straight away, in spite of being told that it didn't matter, he apologised again when I paid the bill - what service! I can't believe that people have complained about this restuarant on this site, not only do their complaints seem petty, they seem to have been very rude as well. Please don't believe them if you are considering a trip to Deal and more particularly Wellingtons, I wish I had taken a picture to put on here as this review nowhere near does our experience justice - maybe next time as I am already looking forward to our next visit!

2 Thank NickyNockyNoo72
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wellingtons is the BEST, forget the rest!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

For the last 20 years I have divided my life between London & Deal. I do not cook and always eat out for lunch. In London I go to Andrew Edmund's (Lexington Street, Soho) which, of course, is excellent and acknowledged as one of the best restaurants in the West End. So I am a spoilt boy! Finding equivalent quality in Deal seemed to prove impossible… until I came across Wellington's, 5 years ago! What a discovery! I have been a 'regular' ever since. The home cooked food can only be described as DIVINE and can compete with anything in London. But NOT at London prices. In fact, it seems ridiculously cheap considering the exceptionally high quality. The restaurant (the word 'cafe' wouldn't do it justice!) is run by a wonderful family who really 'look after you'… always ensuring you enjoy a happy and comfortable visit. The lovely staff are SUPER helpful and accommodate every whim! And trust me… I am not an easy customer! In summary: Wellingtons is not just an excellent restaurant providing 'Michelin star' quality. It's by far more than that: it's a phantastic community! Last but not least: Proof in the pudding (and the puddings are heavenly!): Despite having suffered the worst recession in living memory, Wellington's has thrived. ALWAYS busy and, I am afraid… without wishing to put you off… expect a queue on your visit!

PS: In need of a good cuppa? Well, the answer is obvious: You'll get it at Wellington's! Don't even bother with the Savoy afternoon tea… doesn't even come close!

• Visited April 2014