The Royal Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$125
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
US$123
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
US$209
US$102
Ramada Dover(Whitfield)
US$110
US$105
The Blue Pigeons(Worth)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbalcony roomlady hamiltonwellington roomshepherd neamelovely hotellord nelsonlarge balconysea viewsound of the wavesroll top bathcar parkthree roomsthird floorfamily roomfirst morningfresh milklovely atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Came here in Feb for my boyfriend's birthday and it was lovely - we had a room with a balcony overlooking the beach which made it really special! unfortunately the service in the restaurant wasn't great, seemed like it was an effort to serve us (!) but didn't ruin our overall stay. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Go for one with a beach-view balcony!
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The mid week one night stay was booked as a 50th birthday treat for my partner. The room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The major point for us was the view over the sea, totally amazing! We had our evening meal in the restaurant, the food was wonderful, and the service friendly. We had breakfast bought to our room and enjoyed it on our balcony looking over the sea. The Royal Hotel is our new favourite place and we will be back soon!

Room Tip: The Trafalgar room was perfect for us.
1  Thank annisa012014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel during stormy weather in February. It was great! The wind was howling outside, the rain lashing against the windows and the sea crashing up onto the beach just yards away from the Royal. Our room was large and comfortable, with big old timber beams, uneven floorboards and a wonderful open fire place. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a nice relaxed, snug feel to it. The atmosphere is sort of "old sea faring coaching inn", with a lot of period features in the public areas and in our bedroom. I'm not keen on modern, corporate type hotels and it was nice to stay somewhere that had plenty of character.

The breakfasts and evening meal we had were freshly cooked and of good quality. We ate in the restaurant, rather than the bar, and not only was the food and wine lovely but there were lots of candles reflecting in the windows, which created a really nice ambience.

The only thing I think could have been improved was the lighting in our room, which I found a bit dim - but even that fitted in well with the age of the room (must have been a couple of hundred years old I think).

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will be going back again in the not too distant future. I understand it is going to be refurbished at some stage and my plea to the owners would be - please do the refurbishment sympathetically, in keeping with the history of the building and its location. Personally, I like it just the way it is!

1  Thank margaret50
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Have stayed here a few times recently. The staff are friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a good location for the sea and town.
Restaurant is striving to become competitive with others in the town and for the times we have used it the quality of food and wine had been very good.
Remember to pay for parking the night before to avoid a fine.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Lovely hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. I was on my own, and the single room isn't massive, but was only sleeping there, so big enough. Hotel is very clean, and the shower is excellent. Also had some meals there and they were also excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo