“Tasty sandwich, quiet lunchtime.”
Review of The Bohemian

The Bohemian
Ranked #19 of 112 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Ordered belly pork sandwich. Decent size portion...doorstep. Served with crackling. Little niggle, in that I prefer the pork cut in big swathes and very unctuous, and this was in small strips and a little dry, but overall good. Small basket of chips were nice.

I always think £6.95 is a bit steep for a sandwich, but that's probably my tight-fistedness.

There are newer reviews for The Bohemian

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We discovered last night multiple restaurants in Deal are closed Mondays, so we had no option but to eat here.

I was sceptical due to my last experience 2 years ago (served runner beans that were sour, grey and shrivelled. They had passed their sell by date!).

We were a table of 3 who'd unanimously agreed upon burger and chips - a fail safe meal. Or so we thought! Well presented, but awfully flame grilled. My friend mentioned the burger bun "fell apart too easily" as well.

We waited 45 minutes after the starter was served for our burgers but only 2 tables were eating, including ourselves. What was going on in the kitchen?

Even the garlic bread was over cooked with blackened, charcoal edges!

This was highlighted to bar staff who could only apologise and inform the chefs of our comments.

I haven't experienced a unsatisfactory meal in such a long time and this makes me feel disheartened as I gave them a second chance.

At £12.95 a pop for the Royal Boho Burger I'd expect it to be edible at least. I had to cut off the burnt blackness to partially enjoy my meal. Not acceptable. Fortunately, the burger was reasonably thick so I had a little something to nibble on. Always a silver lining- or in this case, a black one! This is strike 2 Bohemian / Antwerp.

What a shame.

1  Thank sushi_suzi
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Since our last visit this place has gone to pot. Ordered a steak and a burger, both of which were burnt to a crisp! The owner didn't seam bothered at all and the staff are very rude. There is now a row of old pants across the bar roof which is tacky to say the least.

Used to be one of the best pubs in town (before the fire) but its now terrible.

1  Thank 352sos
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've been to nearly every gastro pub in Deal and The Bohemian really has to be on the top of the list at the moment.
I popped in there recently with my wife and the atmosphere was wonderful and the whole eating experience was amazing.
I had steak with all the trimmings and my wife had baked cod and both were outstanding and very fairly priced. The wine list was first class and matched perfectly to the menu - good price range as well.
The general decor on both levels was fun with lots of clever ornaments, pictures and quaint memorabilia and the toilets were spotless.
The part that made it special for me was the service both behind and in front of the bar. Meeting the owner 'Buzz' was also a pleasure. We had a fabulous evening and left 'buzzing'!!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've been here a few times now and really enjoy everything on offer. Sitting out on the decking, or inside on a rainy day, I've always been well served. Breakfasts and the vegetarian platters both offer vegetarian and even vegan options.