“Spoons of the south part one”
Review of Sir Norman Wisdom

Sir Norman Wisdom
Ranked #47 of 110 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Milton Keynes
“Spoons of the south part one”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Came in for the Friday fish and chip special and can report that this was excellent in all respects. Handily placed for the seafront and train station. A good variety of large and small tables with a high ceiling over the bar to the rear. Only fault found was the two rather sullen barmaids who had evidently had rather a long day....

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bobcat202

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lipstick on glasses”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband was not served in turn . My salad was well past the sell by date and my wine glass had lipstick on as did the second and the third , that is when I was given the glass to inspect to make sur it was clean enough . I will never go back as I found the staff rude and the foof over cooked.The dish with the relish in was so dirty I would have thought the dish was grey and not white This is the worst JD Wetherspoon pub I have been to

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sue H
Deal, United Kingdom
“Good, but not on a Saturday night”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I have been in here during the day with my two little ones, the food was great and cheaply priced, the environment was clean and child friendly and overall was brilliant. We all enjoyed our food and the service was ok. I like the weatherspoons way of having to order your food from the bar as it's so much more efficient.

I visited this place also on a Saturday night, with friends going on a good night out. Though again I have to push the good alcohol prices - The only issue I had ended up being late in the night - people who seemed to be enjoying themselves, causing absolutely no problems were being ejected left right and centre, myself included. It seemed like a way for the staff to reduce numbers in order to have an easier evening and quite frankly ruined what was a perfectly good night

That is the only reason for the average rating, otherwise - this place would be brilliant

1 Thank RiskyP
Dover, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely and friendly place to eat”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lovely place, very friendly staff and ultra clean. Service is swift and there is always someone who asks you of all is OK. I love the food here and can say for a Wetherspoons place would be welcome to all even those who are not on a budget. Keep up the good work I will continue to use this place on a fortnightly to monthly basis. Good food, good value, good service all at affordable prices.

• Visited January 2014
Deal, United Kingdom
“Cheap Scoff”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

J D Weatherspoons chain of pubs provide cheap food and drink. This is not fine dining, but will be acceptable to those on a budget. Every day 2 for 1 deals are good value and the special deals that include a free drink - like Steak Night (Tuesday) and Fish & Chips (Friday) - offer exceptional value. The Sir Norman Wisdom is popular, family friendly, and clean with a good atmosphere and the standard of cooking is better than in most other JD Weatherspoons'. Major problem is that they may not have what you have gone there for, for example, we have visited them six times on Friday nights especially for the fish & chip deal and three out of those six times (at 6.30 pm) they have not had any fish & chips left. Eg: Cost on Steak Night - 8 oz Sirloin steak, chips, peas, tomato & mushroom and pint of beer - £7.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Sir Norman Wisdom? Share your experiences!