“Hot plates and hot food please!”
Review of Sir Norman Wisdom

Sir Norman Wisdom
Ranked #52 of 113 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am disappointed that after being open for over a year that this establishment seems to think that selling cheap food and drinks warrants serving lukewarm food on virtually cold plates! Despite informing waiting staff that food is cold nothing seems to happen to rectify complaints, Waiting staff merely reporting it to 'The Lady in the white blouse' (who also ignored me whilst waiting for a drink at the bar-Is she the manager?) seems to amount to nothing-no replacement or luke warm chips, apology or even coming to the table to see how to put things right, or any concern that they are not reaching the mark. This is the second time I have visited this 'holiday camp' out of desperation rather than choice. Poor show MUST DO BETTER!
Avoid unless you enjoy the likes of 'Butlins'.

2  Thank RalphCade

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a table reserved for our party of 9 ( Weatherspoons charged £3 per person for this privilege, which was deducted from the bill).
2 of us had the Smothered Chicken, which took about 50 minutes to arrive, and it was just warm when it arrived, so we sent it back, the replacements arrived in 15 minutes, to be honest they wasn't any better than the first, but we was so hungry we ate it, but it wasn't enjoyable at all!
I wouldn't eat there ever again, it is a place to avoid.
It was very, very noisy and I left with a headache!

2  Thank Dovernellis
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Came in for the Friday fish and chip special and can report that this was excellent in all respects. Handily placed for the seafront and train station. A good variety of large and small tables with a high ceiling over the bar to the rear. Only fault found was the two rather sullen barmaids who had evidently had rather a long day....

1  Thank Bobcat202
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband was not served in turn . My salad was well past the sell by date and my wine glass had lipstick on as did the second and the third , that is when I was given the glass to inspect to make sur it was clean enough . I will never go back as I found the staff rude and the foof over cooked.The dish with the relish in was so dirty I would have thought the dish was grey and not white This is the worst JD Wetherspoon pub I have been to

2  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I have been in here during the day with my two little ones, the food was great and cheaply priced, the environment was clean and child friendly and overall was brilliant. We all enjoyed our food and the service was ok. I like the weatherspoons way of having to order your food from the bar as it's so much more efficient.

I visited this place also on a Saturday night, with friends going on a good night out. Though again I have to push the good alcohol prices - The only issue I had ended up being late in the night - people who seemed to be enjoying themselves, causing absolutely no problems were being ejected left right and centre, myself included. It seemed like a way for the staff to reduce numbers in order to have an easier evening and quite frankly ruined what was a perfectly good night

That is the only reason for the average rating, otherwise - this place would be brilliant

1  Thank RiskyP