“Loved it here!”

Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$22 - US$57
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Victuals & Co, we look for the best local ingredients, as well as a few gems from further afield and cook them with passion and care to provide you with delicious and varied dishes. Our menu is small and changes regularly to reflect the seasons and maintain a consistently high quality and diversity. Our team front of house team strives to deliver the best experience, making your visit a relaxing and memorable one. If you love good food, an interesting environment & friendly knowledgeable staff please try us.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this restaurant as a part of a trip for my mum's 60th birthday, on the recommendation of a friend. I was absolutely not disappointed! The restaurant looks great and is full of original art from a well known designer / artist which plays on various popular themes and really set the place off well. The food was also excellent, I had a grilled plaice which was perfectly cooked and everyone else enjoyed their food too. Wine was good value, staff very friendly and atmosphere really socialable. I'll be back here too.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were disorganised for lunch, so quickly looked on Trip advisor and saw this rated as number 1. My son said it was bound to be full, but actually it was surprisingly empty! Lots of menu choice, so everyone found something they liked, and there were all sorts of intrigues about the place which the boys enjoyed. When lunch came, the boys were a little unsure as it was all laid out in a fancy way, but having overcome that surprise everyone tucked in and thoroughly enjoyed their meal. And the ice cream was superb - complete again with a surprising way of serving it! A very enjoyable meal, and more sophisticated than usual which was very pleasing for hubby and I.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first visit but won't be our last. The venue is tucked down an old passageway in the conservation area and is a very old building - decorated in modern tasteful style, all of which added to its charm. The host welcomed us warmly and advised us on what was available as specials as well as showing us the menu offering choices that would please a range of tastes. The food was superbly cooked and presented and the staff were welcoming and unpretentious. A wonderful evening all round.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a fantastic restaurant. Food so good. This was our 2nd visit and again we were not disappointed. The choice of starters, mains and desserts is mouthwatering. Not to mention the specials. Decisions. Once decided we waited with baited breath. Knowing how good it was going to be. We were given a taster from the chef of a delicious pea soup. Then our starter. Aubergine and tomatoe cannelloni for me and herring roe for my husband. Delicious. Mouthwatering pork for me and melt in the mouth lamb for my husband. We finished off with banana soufflé. All of these I whole heartedly recommend. Thank you Victuals for a wonderful evening. Staff so welcoming and attentive. What more could any one want.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The food is cooked to an incredible standard with a range of flavours that allows you to taste the passion, care and spirit that has gone into cooking it (the pork dishes are always a win!). The menus are creative and entrepreneurial, matched with excellent wines and a relaxing, inviting atmosphere. The service is seamless and graceful (no rushing around) and the intimate decor makes it the ideal setting for both a romantic meal and special family birthday. Will be recommending to everyone.

Been to Victuals & Co? Share your experiences!