“World class, arty and fab”
Review of Victuals & Co

Victuals & Co
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$23 - US$58
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Victuals & Co, we look for the best local ingredients, as well as a few gems from further afield and cook them with passion and care to provide you with delicious and varied dishes. Our menu is small and changes regularly to reflect the seasons and maintain a consistently high quality and diversity. Our team front of house team strives to deliver the best experience, making your visit a relaxing and memorable one. If you love good food, an interesting environment & friendly knowledgeable staff please try us.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were placed upstairs in the Biba lounge where it is a fusion between restaurant chic and high class art gallery!

The food is incredible, you may think it's a bit pricey but once you've eaten it you would happily pay again and again!!!!

Staff are so friendly and there is so much attention to detail such as a stocked powder room for us ladies!

1  Thank Eva-Isaac

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just off the High Street and not far from the beach, this inviting restaurant offers some of the best food in the area. The hospitality is second to none and the ambience, surrounded as you are by stimulating works of art, is both restful and vibrant. Knowledgable staff will guide you through their varied and interesting menu and wine list and remain attentive but "unpushy" throughout your stay. Oh.....and the food is delicious!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I love victuals and am so happy there is this brilliant place to go in Deal. I have been a couple of times now and both times the staff couldn't have been friendlier and the food was fantastic. The menu is simple but really we'll put together. Really hope locals visit this great little restaurant as we need to support these fab local businesses when they are so good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having eaten here with friends and my 9 year old daughter before it was my daughter that suggested Victuals &Co for a fathers day lunch. Yet again the food was superb! My 7 and 9 year old children found plenty to eat and they unsurprisingly also loved the side order of chips which were beautifully cooked and stacked as a lattice on the wooden board.

We had the most fantastic melt in the mouth roast and the starters of crab salad was probably my favourite starter ever. The staff are friendly and attentive and all in all the atmosphere friendly, low key and relaxed with excellent food beautifully presented, Lunch was about £20 a head without wine but we all had starters and mains and the kids had dessert and we have coffee so fairly reasonable and the food is just great.

Well worth a visit when you are in Deal - a really find that I enjoy going back to time and again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice ambiance and good friendly service.
The kind of restaurant one would be happy to visit especially if someone else was paying.
An excellent and imaginative wine list offering reasonable value although one cannot say the same for the Beers and no water listed.
Food was acceptable but over-priced. I had been looking forward to succulent roast shoulder of lamb but what I go was pulled lamb shoved into a mould and overcooked. The potatoes were tiny swirls of mash and the mixture of vegetables was exactly as stated in the menu. Only problem was they were all mixed up in a kind of macedoine sprinkled around the dried out lamb that sat on a pile of shredded red cabbage.
I liked the prints on the walls (again over priced but had not really expected the picture that was my plate - had I not been hungry I don't think I would have bothered.
Nice place but avoid the lamb at all costs and ask precisely what the menu item to be described before you waste hard earned cash on a piece of pretentious and overpriced rubbish.
In the final analysis we were both very disappointed. Pity because Deal is in need of a bit of style and this Restaurant could have given it.

4  Thank ElGrib

Been to Victuals & Co? Share your experiences!