“Cod Curry ... Yum !”

Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$22 - US$57
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Victuals & Co, we look for the best local ingredients, as well as a few gems from further afield and cook them with passion and care to provide you with delicious and varied dishes. Our menu is small and changes regularly to reflect the seasons and maintain a consistently high quality and diversity. Our team front of house team strives to deliver the best experience, making your visit a relaxing and memorable one. If you love good food, an interesting environment & friendly knowledgeable staff please try us.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Got a table after walking in without booking on a Friday night. Staff were friendly and efficient. The chef knows their stuff. Food was excellent ... although the wives fillet, although well cooked, was not the best cut ...but the important thing was my cod curry was superb :-)

2  Thank AdrianLines

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had dinner on Friday Night having looked at reviews on the internet.
I think I can only describe the whole experience and AMAZING.
You would have to search far and wide to find food cooked to this level.
A fantastic wine list, great staff cannot recoment highly enough !
Shall be returning soon.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

1  Thank Harcy911
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been intending to try this restaurant for a while and were glad we got round to it. We booked a table for lunch on a very hot day. The restaurant was not too hot and we had a very warm welcome. The nibbles to start were great especially the pakora and bhjaji.
The mains on offer sounded a little heavy for summer. The lamb was good. A fish pie special was nothing special.
Cheesecake was ok. The lychee and gardenia granita had a mixed reception: very sweet and very perfumed in taste it was loved and hated in equal measure.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

First visit to this very comfortably decked out restaurant in the trendy North End of Deal .I opted for the specials of the day ,scallops cooked beautifully and simply served with a tasty Asian dressing followed by a melt in the mouth confit duck leg with a wonderfully aromatic and well balanced massaman curry and fried rice,the flavours developing as I happily made my way through this clever dish.My girlfriend ordered the lamb (which I of course had to try ) which was soft,unctuous and skilfully seasoned as were all of the dishes we tried this evening including a lovely amuse gueule of red pepper gazpacho served in an espresso cup.We finished with an impressive selection of deserts,including a miriad of jelly,sorbets,panna cotta and ice creams ranging in flavours from lychee to chocolate brownie and stunning floral inspired flavours of lavender and elderflower.We had a good stab at the menu,soft drinks,a few proseccos and great coffee ( plus an extra portion of lavender ice cream and my partner went for the warm choc brownie ) and got change from £ 100.(without tip ) Well worth every penny to visit this welcoming,up market venue.Would recommend to all,casual diners and diehard foodies will not be disappointed.Cant wait to go back for more.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked a couple of days before as we were going to see The Heritage Blues Orchestra nearby, so we needed a meal at 6pm before the concert at 7.30
Great welcome and also a nice reception from the owner who we talked to for a good ten minutes.
The food was excellent - my wife had two starters - Crab Salad and then Ham, Egg and Chips, but not as we know it! I had Scallops which were perfectly cooked and then Pork Belly.
With Wine and Water the cost was very reasonable . Will definitely return and have also recommended it to friends.

Been to Victuals & Co? Share your experiences!