“Had a great time”

Number One B&B
Ranked #1 of 13 Deal B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed for a weekend (surprise weekend for Husband's birthday) and had a really lovely time. (Well except for my cold - but not sure that I can blame the B&B for that!). I had told them in advance that it was my husbands birthday - when we arrived had left a card and box of chocolates in our room - which was really above and beyond and very lovely. I thought that the room was lovely (we had the one on the top floor), the bathroom excellent, the breakfast very nice and the hosts very helpful and friendly - and obviously very proud of the B&B. I will definitely be staying here again and thought price wise that it was a good deal. What differentiates this B&B is the additional touches and extra thought that go into what they do.

Room Tip: We had the room at the top of the house and it was really good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Number One B&B

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked in at Number One after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor. And they weren't wrong. We had a lovely night's stay. Our hosts were very helpful, and provided a nice quiet room as requested. They were also extremely nice about our little mishap with a black ink pen and a white duvet cover... Very grateful for that - thanks again!

The location was really handy to the main shops and cute antique stores down the high street. The room and bathroom were well designed, and everything we needed was provided, including a great coffee machine! The breakfast was also excellent and pretty much all locally sourced.

Throughly recommend Number One!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here travelling as a single lady on business in the area. Colleagues had stayed here before and said how nice it was. They were not wrong. On a cold winter evening I was met with a cup of tea and mince pie. The owners couldn't have been nicer. My room had a lovely big and very comfortable bed, bathroom (full bathroom) included toiletries and powerful shower over bath. As it was nasty weather and I didn't want to go far I ordered pizza and the breakfast room was set up for me although there are plenty of recommended eateries/pubs if you prefer.

After a lovely quiet night's sleep, breakfast was once again set up in the charming breakfast room and the choice and quality were outstanding for a small establishment. The raspberries were beautiful.

Add to this free wifi, in room electrical goods such as fabulous tea/coffee maker, ipod doc with radio and alarm etc and I can honestly say it's the nicest B&B I have ever stayed in. Spotlessly clean and such good service. I can't wait to visit the area for a break with my husband to show him how nice it is. Many thanks for making my trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Wonderful hosts; gorgeous property; comfy rooms and linen; and a very tasty breakfast. No suggestions for improvements - Number One is perfectly set up for a stay in lovely Deal. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plymouth_pirate7
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My girlfriend and I took a weekend away from London in Deal, and we're so glad we chose to stay with Nicky and Mark. They were so welcoming, full of great suggestions for places to eat and drink (try the last reproach if you like a quiet spot to try some local ales) and really looked after us. Our room was cosy and very well decorated. The bed was comfy and the double shower was powerful. The breakfasts served up in the lovely breakfast room are amazing; full range of cereals, fruits, yoghurts and juices followed by fabulous cooked breakfast. A great way to start the day! I'll recommend it to anybody, and if we're in the part of the world again hope to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It is difficult to know where to start as this was just a fantastic stay and experience.

This is a veritable home from home. Nicky and Mark are consummate and charming hosts, with nothing being too much trouble.

The accommodation is first class, spotlessly clean and the breakfast in the legendary category

Their knowledge of the surrounding area - from taxi's to restaurants etc etc was a real help allowing us to navigate the local area like a local

An absolute must stay - I can't wait to go back

A Hunter

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Nicky and Mark are special people whose company we enjoyed while staying with them in their B&B. Their creativity as hosts was manifested to us during the six nights we were guests at Number One. Nicky’s perceptivity in anticipating our needs and accommodating them without our specifically asking was especially impressive and appreciated. We will welcome another opportunity to stay with them in the future. Nicky and Mark make Number One B&B a place you will try to arrange your schedule to visit again as often as possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 15John15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deal
The Royal Hotel
The Bell Hotel
The Bell Hotel
#3 of 5 in Sandwich
Bear's Well Bed and Breakfast

Been to Number One B&B? Share your experiences!