“Great stay, attentive owner, classy B&B”
Review of Number One B&B

Number One B&B
Ranked #1 of 13 Deal B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for one Saturday night to celebrate Valentine's and had an exceptional B&B experience. We were greeted by the owner who had to cope with two couples arriving at the same time. She did this with aplomb. We were offered a cup of tea straight away and shown to our very modern and clean double room. The décor and shower were great. The hotel has been decorated to the highest standard. The owner also set up a DVD player for us which was no mean feat for which we were very grateful.
The breakfast was wonderful with locally sourced produce. The apple juice was a favourite and the owner and young lady who both served us were so friendly. You may pay a bit more for this standard of B&B but you get what you pay for here. You may need to be prepared to leave your car five minutes away in a road with free parking with a walk included along the beachfront which is no hardship at all. We will be back!

Room Tip: We recommend Room 3 on the first floor which is at the rear of the property so nice and quiet, with...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were privileged enough to experience the most excellent and hospitable B&B, while visiting family in Deal. From the sincere hospitality, outstanding Kent breakfasts, home from home comforts, to advice with local transport. Wow, Nicky and Mark are truly fantastic ! Nothing was ever too much trouble and the warmth and care shown to us during and before our arrival, truly was such a blessing and so much appreciated. Number One B&B go the extra mile and super cede the best hotels and B8B's with a personal touch, that goes a very long way. South Africa

Room Tip: All three rooms that we had were fantastic. If you prefer not to be disturbed when people arrive hom...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed for a weekend (surprise weekend for Husband's birthday) and had a really lovely time. (Well except for my cold - but not sure that I can blame the B&B for that!). I had told them in advance that it was my husbands birthday - when we arrived had left a card and box of chocolates in our room - which was really above and beyond and very lovely. I thought that the room was lovely (we had the one on the top floor), the bathroom excellent, the breakfast very nice and the hosts very helpful and friendly - and obviously very proud of the B&B. I will definitely be staying here again and thought price wise that it was a good deal. What differentiates this B&B is the additional touches and extra thought that go into what they do.

Room Tip: We had the room at the top of the house and it was really good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked in at Number One after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor. And they weren't wrong. We had a lovely night's stay. Our hosts were very helpful, and provided a nice quiet room as requested. They were also extremely nice about our little mishap with a black ink pen and a white duvet cover... Very grateful for that - thanks again!

The location was really handy to the main shops and cute antique stores down the high street. The room and bathroom were well designed, and everything we needed was provided, including a great coffee machine! The breakfast was also excellent and pretty much all locally sourced.

Throughly recommend Number One!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here travelling as a single lady on business in the area. Colleagues had stayed here before and said how nice it was. They were not wrong. On a cold winter evening I was met with a cup of tea and mince pie. The owners couldn't have been nicer. My room had a lovely big and very comfortable bed, bathroom (full bathroom) included toiletries and powerful shower over bath. As it was nasty weather and I didn't want to go far I ordered pizza and the breakfast room was set up for me although there are plenty of recommended eateries/pubs if you prefer.

After a lovely quiet night's sleep, breakfast was once again set up in the charming breakfast room and the choice and quality were outstanding for a small establishment. The raspberries were beautiful.

Add to this free wifi, in room electrical goods such as fabulous tea/coffee maker, ipod doc with radio and alarm etc and I can honestly say it's the nicest B&B I have ever stayed in. Spotlessly clean and such good service. I can't wait to visit the area for a break with my husband to show him how nice it is. Many thanks for making my trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Wonderful hosts; gorgeous property; comfy rooms and linen; and a very tasty breakfast. No suggestions for improvements - Number One is perfectly set up for a stay in lovely Deal. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plymouth_pirate7
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My girlfriend and I took a weekend away from London in Deal, and we're so glad we chose to stay with Nicky and Mark. They were so welcoming, full of great suggestions for places to eat and drink (try the last reproach if you like a quiet spot to try some local ales) and really looked after us. Our room was cosy and very well decorated. The bed was comfy and the double shower was powerful. The breakfasts served up in the lovely breakfast room are amazing; full range of cereals, fruits, yoghurts and juices followed by fabulous cooked breakfast. A great way to start the day! I'll recommend it to anybody, and if we're in the part of the world again hope to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple